0
On to something a little different.  When I first started blogging, I wrote at Pritty Story to Tell, where I did simple book reviews.  Once I began The Big Weight, that blog fell to the wayside.  I enjoy recapping the books I've read and so I'm just making it a small extension of this blog... adding a tab at the top.  Feel free to ignore the rest of this post or future book posts if you'd like :).

I'm a little behind the book reading trend.  Angels & Demons was popular about 2-3 years ago and I'm just now getting around to reading it.  You can see why:


Those are all of my UNREAD books!


A tragedy I know.

seagull wine glass while reading? yes please!
I'm such a slow reader, and I'm also addicted to buying books.  Two problems that need rectified in 2012.

I finally decided to dust off the cover and crack open this book, after having toted it around for 2 moves now.  I have put it off because I wasn't a fan of Brown's Da Vinci Code.  I liked his other books, but the Da Vinci Code took me FOREVER to get through. I mean months and months.  I struggled.  I was concerned that A&D would be the same.

Well, I do like Dan's style of short chapters that keep the pages turning, but that's about where it stops for me and this series.  I can't quite pinpoint why I'm not a fan of these books, but I'm just not.

In short, for those who haven't read it, the gist of the book is that two scientists in Europe create this highly explosive chemical-like substance called antimatter.  If handled incorrectly, it will vaporize an entire city in a split second.  Well, this antimatter substance is stolen by the infamous Illuminati (or is it???).  Harvard symbology professor Robert Langdon is recruited to help crack the code behind the mysterious Illuminati, all the while saving Vatican City (where the antimatter resides after its confiscation).  Of course, the antimatter must be found in less than 24 hours, or Vatican City and it's surrounding area will be no more.  Almost 700 pages are devoted to hunting down the Illuminati and the antimatter with Langdon leading the way, beside scientist and antimatter creator Vittoria Vetra, the Swiss guards, and the "sit in Pope".

I jumped at the chance to rent A&D from Redbox when I saw it in my local kiosk a few weeks ago.  It was just what I needed to get me through the remainder of the book.  I stayed up until 10:45 PM Monday night to hull my butt through it.  I did not want to get too far into this year reading a book I clearly wanted to finish ASAP.

So, have you read Angels & Demons?  What did you think?

The third and final book in this series is The Lost Symbol, which I already own and plan to read later this year.  I am one of those people... once I start something I have to finish it!

By the way, this is my book list for 2012.... what are you reading this year?


2012 Book Montage

Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)
Roses Are Red
The Savage Detectives
At Home in Mitford
A Light in the Window
These High, Green Hills
Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food
The Lost Symbol
American Wife
Flowers On Main
Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
Big Girl


Hilary's favorite books »
}
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Books by title Book Review: Angels + Demons. You can bookmark this page with a URL http://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/01/book-review-angels-demons.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Book Review: Angels + Demons Updated at : 4:00 AM
Thursday, January 5, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top