0
Cheeeers Bitches!!

Guess what’s happenin’ today…

My son began college.

No…no shit, I’m not kidding.

I am taking the little cretin out to breakfast today, and guess what?

When was all is said, done, and eaten, he will still want to attend lectures given by hippie bastards who hate capitalism, yet who wrote all of the books that he has to buy for their class.

Anyhoo…and well, you know what?

In spite of getting up at 6 AM with a hangover in order to take one college Freshman out to breakfast, I am enjoying back to back days off for the first time in eight months, so you know what that means?

It means that today at 6 AM, I am awaking with a hangover, taking a shower, and then meeting my son at 7 AM for the breakfast bar at Frisch’s.

My son is going to be pressed for time, going to be nervous, and going to be cloaked within the shadow of his mother who lives vicariously and academically through him, however…

He came to see me Saturday, and he is excited.

I like that.

I want him to be excited.  I want him to be so damn excited that he takes on the world and makes it better.  I want that boy to be able to say…

“The World is my Bitch.”

And hopefully, that is what his time in college will do.

Hopefully it will enable him to crawl out from beneath that hypocritical, monastic and maternal wing of suffocation cloud of trepidation under which he has been suffering, and make a go of it.

Eh, I don’t want to get maudlin and mommy blogger on any one.  I just want him to be who I know who he is and what he can be, and he won’t wait as long as I did to do so.

I want Ryno to go down every avenue of interest, walk along every boulevard of believability, and ford each and every stream of life, and then…

No matter if it is today or six years down the road, say to me, his mom, and more importantly, to himself…

THIS is what I am supposed to be doing.

Hell…If he can say that six years from now, he will live to be a happy man, and his dad can die a happy man.

Listen to everyone, and listen to no one, buddy.  I love you.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws
My Facebook Page

Annnnnnnnnd if you missed yesterday's hilariously funny ending to season three of IWS RAdio you can catch it all, right here.


Jay, Matt, Mike, "Gloria", Schmoop, Dana, and Jamie were all there, along with a cast of thousands...Listen to it, and be healed; listen to it not, and you will surely
die.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Hate the Mom, But Love the Son. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/08/hate-mom-but-love-son.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Hate the Mom, But Love the Son Updated at : 9:00 PM
Sunday, August 25, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top