0
I posted about my so called healthy snacking habit on chocolate covered rice cakes a day or two ago. One reply I received talked about how they snack on seeds and nuts. I agree that this a better option then the high carb rice cakes as seeds and nuts are high protein.

Unfortunately I am allergic to walnuts and have suffered an anaphylactic episode in the past. Now I am so cautious when it comes to consuming walnuts and other nuts.

It is a bug bear of mine how complacent staff in cafes or restaurants can be about nuts in their products. Most times when I ask if their are walnuts in an item I get a vague response like "I don't think there are nuts and if there are, they aren't walnuts"!!!! This is not good enough for me, I need a definitive answer. This is why I like Starbucks so much. All of their products are labelled with allergens and the staff are knowledgeable about what they are selling.

A recent example was the cafe next door to my work. Before I ordered a brownie to take away I asked were there nuts in it. I got told no so I bought it. I take it back to work, take 4/5 bites of it and then come across a nut!!!!

I took it back next door. I hand it back to the staff member and told them what happened. I even remind them that I asked about nuts. I didn't even get an apology or a refund!! It's such a serious thing I can never get over the complacency of some people.

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Nutty about nuts?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/04/nutty-about-nuts.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Nutty about nuts? Updated at : 2:55 AM
Friday, April 12, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top