0
I had a loss on the scale this week!  I was pleasantly surprised as I did not come back strong after last week's weigh in.

Still, even though I had a numeric loss on the scale, I want to keep focusing on other accomplishments I've had in my health since I started going back to the gym consistently.  Ironically I came across this article last week that put my actions into words perfectly.  The article is titled 10 Signs You are Getting Healthier Even if the Scale Doesn't Move.



I wanted to highlight some of the points that I feel apply to me and my journey:

  1. You feel like taking on something new. That’s a great sign that you are getting healthier. It shows a heightened energy level and more active mentality. You are obviously ready for new challenges that you weren’t ready for before you became fitter.  - This has definitely been true for me - hence all the 5K's I've signed up for!

  2. You start taking that one extra step. Usually the saying is to “Go the extra mile.” I say “Go the extra step.” A mile is a long way, but if you even find yourself having the energy to take that extra step, congratulate yourself. You are building on something. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.  - I recently increased my cardio workout an extra 5 minutes/day for a total of 35 minutes, 5 days a week.  I also find myself looking for new ways to incorporate exercise other than the standard gym equipment - like bike riding!

  3. You feel more positive and energetic. That is a natural by product of getting healthier. The body starts working better and when it does, it releases feel good chemicals in the brain, delivers energy to the cells more efficiently, and you feel better day by day. - I find that I'm not always SO focused on my hate for living in this city, my surroundings, and just an overall negativity toward my life.
How do you measure success other than on the scale?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Inspiration / Loss / Success by title How Do You Measure Weight Loss Success?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-do-you-measure-weight-loss-success.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo How Do You Measure Weight Loss Success? Updated at : 9:11 AM
Saturday, April 23, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top