0

I don't really like the word lurker... somehow sounds kinda creepy.  Maybe silent reader is better for you?

No matter, I was one of them forever until I finally got the nerve to comment somewhere. This time last year I was still silent.  Oh, heck, I still lurk lol. I'm a terrible commenter! 

But, the biggest thing that happened when I finally got the nerve to make real contact was that real friendships blossomed.  I didn't get it at all... how could someone possibly become so close to someone they've never met?  Well, you can and I did.  I'm forever grateful for my unlimited texting plan!  And then there's those messages that are so long that I'm left wondering when someone will invent a talking device that will allow us to just have a conversation instead of typing so much.

Also what is really fun is making these friendships both near and far, all over the world.  I found that a blogger lives just a few minutes from me.  I found that another grew up in the same apartment complex I did.  I made friends where I don't just have to worry about a few hours of time zone, I get to figure out the other side of the planet!

Funny story about one of those other side of the planet friends... I was having a bad day, a really really bad day.  She told me in no uncertain terms to stop stressing out because today was not the end of the world, that it was already tomorrow.  No it's not, silly, I told her.  See, her being on the other side of the world, it really was tomorrow.  That was strangely enlightening...

So come say hi.  I don't bite.  Usually not. 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Love our lurkers day!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/11/love-our-lurkers-day.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Love our lurkers day! Updated at : 5:15 AM
Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top