0
Happy Monday Peeps! 

I hope you had a grand weekend!! 

I left my posting last week saying I was losing motivation.  While that is normal for anyone losing weight, it's always great to have a wonderful support system to help boost you back where you need to be.  I haven't necessarily hit a "plato" of sorts, I am just frustrated.  I think I keep looking at the bigger picture in terms of weight loss and it just seemed impossible.

Remember back when I first started this journey, I set a bunch of smaller goals.  I let myself look beyond that when I should have stayed focused on the smaller goals because, after all, I am meeting them!!!

To remind you of the next two goals I have: 

1. is in about 13 pounds (from my last weigh in) I will be on a "lower" notch of the scale at the doctor's office.  If you are at all familiar with the scales at the doctors office, you will know that there are two parts to the scale.  The first part is in the 50 pound increments - 50, 100, 150 etc. and the second part is in the 1 pound increment of 1 - 49.  When I first weighed in, the bottom bracket was 250 and the top was 43 = 293 pounds.  At my last weigh in, the bottom was 250 and the top was 12 = 262.  When I lose 13 pounds, I will be able to move that bottom number to 200!!  With that at 200 and the top number at 49 = 249. 

2.  My 2nd short term goal is to lose total 50 pounds - that only  19 pounds from my last weigh in and only 4 more pounds from the 1st goal listed. 

So, those are the goals I need to focus on vs. the overall LARGE overwhelming number LOL.

I took a vacation day Friday to do some volunteer work.  When I came to the office today, this is what I found on my wall:



Being bright neon pink, you can't miss it when you walk in the door.  When I moved around to my desk, another co-worker had laminated 3 sets of another "motivation" (so I can have one at home to):


So, just like any addiction recovery, support is necessary.  Food is my addiction. 

Have a fabulous Monday!

Ellie

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/09/i-think-i-can-i-think-i-can-i-think-i.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo I think I can, I think I can, I think I can Updated at : 7:40 AM
Monday, September 16, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top