0
Why Crash Diets Don't Work



'You’ve seen the ads. Lose Weight Fast! Melt Fat Away Lose 20 pounds in 3 days! …and so on.

Crash diets are food and exercise plans that starve you of nutrients that you need in an attempt to lose weight quickly. The allure is usually very appealing to people who have struggled with weight issues for years. I know I was tempted to try a crash diet when I was 40 pounds overweight.

Crash diets don’t work. You may lose weight, but then because it is impossible to sustain you lose heart. Studies have shown than more than 80% of those who start crash diets regain any weight they have lost. Many put on even more weight.

But whether you lose weight or gain it back isn’t the point. If a crash diet is robbing you of the nutrients you need, then it is unhealthy even if you get results.

I lost nearly 40 pounds in 5 months eating real food. And the best part? It’s been a couple months now and I can eat whatever I want and I haven’t gained a pound.'

Read more...
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Why Crash Diets Don’t Work. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/11/why-crash-diets-dont-work.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Anonymous Why Crash Diets Don’t Work Updated at : 2:04 AM
Sunday, November 24, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top