0
Lately I've been trying to vary my workout.  Since November I've been going to the gym at least 5 days/week for at least 30 minutes.  In the last month I recently upped this amount to 35 minutes.  By the beginning of July I'll be doing 40 minutes. 

However, the gym can be a boring place.  I vary my workout between the elliptical and the ArcTrainer, and I'm one of those people who reads while on the machines.  I've heard a lot of criticism about those who read while working out - i.e. "it's not really 'working out' if you're reading".   I think that's crap.  I still sweat and burn calories - how is that not working out?  It would be extremely boring/agonizing to be on the machines for 35 minutes with no reading material, while constantly glancing at the time.  And in past successful weight loss efforts, this method worked for me perfectly.  Still, it gets boring after awhile. 

Since it's almost summertime, and the weather is becoming consistently nicer out, I want to incorporate some other outdoor activities into the mix.  I have four 5K's left, so that helps, though I'm hoping I can find more to sign up for as time goes on.  I also recently discovered the rail trail, so I definitely want to add that in for weekend activity once the 5Ks end.  But those are weekend activities and I'm most concerned with what I can do through the week to mix up the routine? (Mon-Fri)  I'm talking things other than walking outside.  Any ideas?

To switch things up, I've recently started doing the Biggest Loser The Workout Vol. 1 DVD that I've had for a few years, but never actually made it through the entire thing.  So completing this DVD has kind of become a mini goal of mine.  I've been going to the gym one day, then doing that DVD the next day, and alternating that.  The DVD also includes strength training, which is definitely something I'm trying to incorporate to aid in the massive amounts of poundage I have left to lose.

Do you have any creative ideas for exercise-related activities other than visiting the gym? Any suggestions on workout DVDs?      
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Exercise / goals / Weight Loss by title Activity Ideas Please!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/05/activity-ideas-please.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Activity Ideas Please! Updated at : 7:51 AM
Thursday, May 12, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top