0

To continue on with my cookbook challenge, this week's breakfast is another one taken from Hungry Girl's first cookbook.

Blueberry Apple Pancake Shake-Up - 6 PointsPlus

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 c regular oats
  • 2 T dry pancake mix (I used Fiber One pancake mix)
  • 1/3 c peeled & finely chopped apple
  • 1/4 c blueberries
  • 1/4 c egg substitute
  • 1 T fat free cottage cheese (this is too sour for me, so I used 1%)
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 1 T Splenda (I initially used 11 packets of Sweet 'n Low to equal 1 Tbsp - more on this later!)
Directions:
Place all ingredients except for the blueberries and apples in a medium bowl. Add 3 T of water and stir until thoroughly mixed.

Gently fold in apples and blueberries.

Over medium heat, in a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray, evenly pour batter to form 3 pancakes. Once pancakes begin to look solid (after about 3 minutes), gently flip.

Cook for 3 additional minutes, or until both sides are lightly browned and insides are cooked through. now plate your pancakes and enjoy.

Number of Servings: 1


Since Splenda upsets my stomach, I use the cuter pink packets :).  However, I'm not sure that 1 Tbsp of Splenda granules would equal 1 Tbsp worth of Splenda packets.  Do you know?  I did, in fact, use that method for the Sweet 'n Low packets, and it took me 11 packets to make 1 Tbsp.  Folks, don't try this at home!  It was WAY too sweet and had too much of a fake sugar taste.  Fortunately I realized this after the first batch and so I cut the packets down to 9, which was still not enough elimination.  Next time I'll try just 6 packets and see how that fairs.  Other than that mishap, the pancakes were delicious and very filling.  I poured just a little bit of light pancake syrup over top because they are still dry like a regular pancake. 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Recipes by title Hungry Girl Cooking: Blueberry Apple Pancake Shake-Up. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/hungry-girl-cooking-blueberry-apple.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Hungry Girl Cooking: Blueberry Apple Pancake Shake-Up Updated at : 5:38 AM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top