0
I just recently started following All the Weigh, a weight loss blog written by a woman from NYC. I love her stories and I also love her idea regarding "Friend Making Mondays".  You simply answer the questions below and go back to her blog and post a link to your answers.... read a few of the participants blogs and comment on theirs and then hopefully you've made a few friends!  Here's my first shot at it, and it's about our habits when going to the grocery store:

1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping? Do you stick to it?  I agree with Kenlie on this one!  I do make lists but I hardly ever stick to them.  I always buy what's on my list, sure, but then I buy more!  I especially make lists when I'm making a recipe.

2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?   I cannot recall going grocery shopping while hungry, so I would say no to this.

3. Coupons. Use 'em?  Do I use coupons?! Heck yes!  Joel calls me the "Coupon Queen".  I have 3 coupon organizers, divided into food and non-food coupons.. and categorized within each one!

4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?  I have not, but have thought about it on MORE than one occasion!

5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?  I prefer Wal-Mart/Target for grocery shopping.  The food prices there are almost always cheaper.  Though because I live in a place where my Wal-Mart is not a SuperCenter, I get what I can at Wal-Mart/Target and hit up Giant/Bloom/Safeway for the remainder. Our Target recently got a makeover and now carries some produce though - score! 

6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?  I do not spend a lot of time reading labels because I do buy a lot of the same things over and over.  The only time I read labels are when I don't know the PointsPlus value of something because I've never had it before.

7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it? Yes I do and I ALWAYS return it.  I intentionally park my car very far from the store so people don't ignorantly hit it with their car doors and so a cart-return is never close by.  However, I return it because it's a way to add more steps into your day and also, most importantly, it's the right thing to do!

8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you must have in the kitchen? Milk

9. Do you enjoy grocery shopping? I do when I'm back home in the Motherland and can go to the far less crowded grocery stores there.  I also enjoy it back home because I can typically go to one place and will be able to find everything I need (my hometown Walmart SC) instead of having to run to 3, seriously 3!, grocery stores until I can get everything I need.

10. How often do you shop for groceries? I try to limit it to once a week but sometimes it ends up being more..
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Friend Making Mondays by title Friend Making Mondays: The Grocery Store. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/friend-making-mondays-grocery-store.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Friend Making Mondays: The Grocery Store Updated at : 11:05 AM
Monday, April 18, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top