0
This was the first week I had tracked ALL week and every single thing I ate in a very looooonnggg time. I was so proud of myself for doing it after so many failed attempts. I participated in a 5K on Saturday and I was active all week long - making it to the gym everyday, adding on an extra 5 minutes to my cardio routine and even incorporating weight lifting into it all. Let's just say the scale did not reveal my hard work! I gained over 3 lbs! After all that, ALL THAT, and I had a gain?! This is not at all what I expected. I know you have weeks where you know you derailed big time and a gain is inevitable, but this week was not one of those weeks for me.

I've heard and read many, many times that I should be focusing on the other achievements I had this week, such as tracking and fitness, but I am doing both of those things to achieve weight loss after all.  And when the scale does not show a loss, it's hard to see the light in those other things!

I wish I could say I came back with a vengence for the upcoming week, but no. Even though I don't want to have this mentality, I couldn't help but think all weekend "why bother, the hardwork doesn't pay off anyhow!" and the eating pattern sure did reflect that attitude.

Saturday I did another 5K (more on that later) and then Sunday I took an 8 mile bike ride with Joel's mom.

The bike ride was great! I have not been on my bike in almost 5 years.



Other than the issues I had with the seat not staying in position, it felt great to get out and do something other than my normal walk/jog. The trail was AWESOME - both scenic and flat - and I will definitely be going to that place again!

cute weather vane, nice bathrooms!

they did a great job with this trail
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 5K / Gain by title Bloooower. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/bloooower.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Bloooower Updated at : 7:09 AM
Monday, April 18, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top