0
A very quick post tonight because I'm beyond exhausted. After an 11-hour work day, tonight I went to the gym for a an hour after work. It's was the hardest thing I've ever done. I really wanted to go home, sit quietly and curl up in a ball. Work is killing me lately.

I had walked at lunch, very briskly, for 45 minutes. I had a whole list of why I should skip the gym. Then I thought about the challenge and it's only day one. I couldn't blow on day one! I mean, who does something like that?!

The only reason I forced myself to hit the gym because it's day one of Tony's challenge. I couldn't let myself down.

Challenge goal for December 31, 2010 (approximately 18 weeks from today):

Weight - 155

That means I must lose 21 pounds in 18 weeks.

I'm also going to start increasing my exercise by doubling my cardio. That's right, double it! I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio and 40 minutes strength most days. I'm going to start increasing cardio by 5 minutes a week until I hit 60 minutes. This is going to take some work, but I'm up for it!

I'm also cutting back on my food. It's after midnight so day one was a total success for food and exercise.

***********************
Water

Something on heard on the news this morning. When I was losing weight fast, I drank tons of water. Then Weight Watchers came out a few years ago and said you only need six eight-ounce servings of fluid a day. That included coffee and other beverages. Since Weight Watchers said that it wasn't important to drink 64-ounces a day (my old standard), I cut way back water.

Hearing about the article below has me back to guzzling the water. If nothing else, it just puts in the right mindset to do this.
Bed now. Must sleep!
176 - ?

If you're over 50, the key to shedding a few extra pounds could be as simple as having two cups of water before meals, a new study shows.


The study looked at overweight or obese adults ages 55 to 75 and separated them into two groups. Both groups were given low-fat, low-calorie meals for 12 weeks. One group was also instructed to drink two 8 oz cups of water before meals.


While both groups lost weight, the group that drank the water lost 30 percent more weight than the other group, said Dr. Jennifer Ashton, medical correspondent for CBS.


Drinking water before meals isn't quite as effective for younger adults, said Ashton. One theory is that since the stomach empties more quickly in younger bodies, the water doesn't cause the same feeling of fullness.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Day 1 of the challenge. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-1-of-challenge.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Day 1 of the challenge Updated at : 12:09 AM
Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top