0
Marc Marquez is determined to stay ahead of the pack after making it 10 straight race wins in 2014 with victory in Indianapolis on Sunday.

The 21-year-old Spanish sensation became the first rider since Mick Doohan in 1997 to record a double-figure winning streak, with the Repsol Honda star prevailing by just under two seconds from Movistar Yamaha duo Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi.

Marquez will now seek to extend his sequence in the Czech Republic on Sunday, having narrowly won at the Brno circuit last year.

"The race was very hard, especially as the track temperature was very high," Marquez said.

"I struggled a little with the front tyre so I stayed behind Rossi to try to keep the front tyre cool.

"I tried to push but then the rear started sliding. Eventually I was able to open the gap and take 25 points.

"We will try to fight for the victory in Brno. The test we had went well but it was very slippery so we don't have too much data.

"I have never gone great there and Jorge and Vale are very strong there.”

Lorenzo, meanwhile, had to settle for second best for the second time this season, but was happy to see some light at the end of the tunnel just over halfway through a frustrating campaign.

"It has been a long road, but we are getting better and better," said the 2010 and 2012 champion.

"This is the closest race, other than Mugello, we have had to the front.

"I needed one or two tenths to catch Marquez, hopefully it will come at the next race. The bike was working very well and I was able to get faster and faster.

"Maybe on more of a Yamaha track and a track that is better for my style, we can challenge him. Brno is luckily a track that I really like and our bike works well at.”

Rossi, who became the first rider to reach 4,000 career points, said: "I knew it would be difficult, as Marc and Jorge were faster than me in practice. I would have hoped to have a bit of a better battle with Lorenzo, but I am satisfied as this is one of my worst tracks, with no podium since 2008."
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Marquez / Motorsports / news / SPORTS by title Marquez focused on staying ahead. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2014/08/marquez-focused-on-staying-ahead.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Anonymous Marquez focused on staying ahead Updated at : 3:59 PM
Sunday, August 10, 2014

Post a Comment

 
Top