0
When Will Interest on US National Debt Exceed $1 Trillion? - Mish

As a holder of long-term government debt, I have three different questions in mind.


Click to enlarge.

1. When can we expect to break free from the long-term trend channel?
2. When can we expect ZIRP to permanently end?
3. Of all the things I could worry about in this economy, where should the risk of rising interest rates (and expense) rank on my list?

My answers of "not soon", "not soon", and "low" may differ from yours of course. I'll be much more worried when the majority agrees with my answers. And when do I expect that to happen? Not soon.

This is not investment advice.

Source Data:
Treasury Direct: Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding
St. Louis Fed: CPI
St. Louis Fed: Population
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Real Interest on Government Debt per Capita. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2014/01/real-interest-on-government-debt-per.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Real Interest on Government Debt per Capita Updated at : 4:05 PM
Monday, January 13, 2014

Post a Comment

 
Top