0
Do you have a pen pal? Do you still communicate by letter?

When I was in school I had a pen pal for a few years.  Crystal, from Kentucky, and I regularly wrote letters to each other for a few years.  

I would imagine Crystal was quite disappointed when she read my letter when she got to hear of the mundanities I was getting up to in Ireland, in comparison to her own life which seemed very exciting to the 15 yr old me.

She sent me a photo of herself in one of her letters.  Posing at a party with a red party cup in hand with a crowd of boys in the background.  Tanned and relaxed looking, I was impressed by her, what I thought, was sophistication!

 I also was impressed by her disposable red cup.  Partyware in Ireland was a lot more basic and duller in comparison at that time.   Party cups came in one colour (white) and were about a third the size of a red cup!

So anyway with the advent of texting, email, Skype and what's app, etc I put the question to you do you still write letters to pen pals?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Pen Pals. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/11/pen-pals.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Pen Pals Updated at : 1:08 AM
Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top