0
I will attempt to keep this from being a novel.  I have realized that many of my wonderful followers do not know who Ellie is.  So, I thought I'd give a little background of who I am and how I came to being so obese. 

I was born in St. Paul Minnesota but when to elementary school in Houston Texas.  I had a lot of friend and I was quite the active little kid.  I loved to roller skate, bike ride, and swim.  I was always playing with my friend.  I was very happy and I was pretty thin or average in weight.  My 7th grade year, my parents moved to a small town called Livingston Texas - about an hour and a half north of Houston.  It was a beautiful lake community.  And loving water, I was SOLD the moment we learned my parents were buying land. 

I've always been social, so meeting new friends was exciting for me.  My first day of school, I would say is when my life changed in more ways than one.  Livingston is a very small and tight community.  It is really hard for a newbie to enter in to acceptance.  Some would disagree with me, but most of that population are, your long timers.  Day one started with bullying, name calling, etc.  I was crushed.  I never wanted to go back to school again, but I had to.  So, I started eating and started gaining weight. 

The bullying didn't stop with students, a few educators were involved as well.  My ninth grade year, I took Spanish.  The teach seated us in grade order.  You made an A on a test, you sat in the back.  I never applied myself really.  I was smart but I didn't care.  One particular time, I made an A on a test.  SHOCKER!  I moved to the back.  But, I also had dyslexia and reading from that far was a challenge.  I raised my hand and asked to be moved to the front because I could not see.  She erased the word on the blackboard and wrote it the entire width and length of the board and said, "Can you see it now?"  I was embarrassed, humiliated, and angry.  I through my pencil and walked out.  I knew I was going to be in BIG trouble so I walked down to the principals office in tears.  I can't remember what he said to this day, but all I remember is, I never got into any trouble and, even though I failed one semester, I received FULL credit for that call.

Fast forward about 10 years, I began my career in HR – at that time I was a clerk for a payroll company.  I started having a lot of menstrual issues.  I learned I had polycystic ovarian disease – caused by, what else, obesity!  I had several surgeries including the loss of an ovary.  When I was 30, I had a complete hysterectomy due to other ongoing issues.  During the time of treatments, I was place on hormones, etc. which aided in the rapid weight gain.

Fast forward another 14 years and here I am.  I am now a successful HR professional working as an HR Manager for an IT outsourcing company.  I have gotten to a point in my weight were at my heaviest, just a few short weeks ago, I was really close to 300 pounds.

I love life and I love helping people.  But I must help myself before I can even be really effective in other peoples lives.  Belviq is going to do that for me!  I can’t wait to see where I am in 3, 6, and 12 months from now!!

So, what would you like to know about me?  Feel free to post questions and comments.  Love to you all!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Who is Ellie? My story..... You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/07/who-is-ellie-my-story.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Who is Ellie? My story.... Updated at : 11:52 AM
Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top