0
Cleaning.  Grrrr!  Cannot stand it!

Clean a room, begin the next and the two little ones have completely destroyed the one that was just cleaned.

It's well established I'm a little off in my head lol

I can't function with clutter.  My productive mind completely shuts down and looks for shiny things to play with.

I'm a procrastinator to the extreme.  If it's going to be too much effort, or if there's a shiny thing to chase, it's not getting done.

I'm a perfectionist.  If I can't do it 100% perfectly, it's not worth my time.

And I have little kids.

So you can just imagine what my house often looks like.  

A while ago I stumbled upon FlyLady.  She's got a whole system of daily assignments and routines to keep the house clean and organized.  I need structure and rules so this appealed to me.  One of the things she mentions a lot is keeping the CHAOS at bay - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome... because your house is trashed.

There's some housecleaning plans I've found online that require you to put in hours each day.  Each Monday, you do these 90 chores, and then each Tuesday you do these other 82 chores, etc.  I don't think so.  It's not 1940 and I have jobs outside my home.

With FlyLady as long as you do what you're supposed to do all week, your weekends are completely free for pampering yourself and spending time with your family.  No more spending all day Saturday cleaning up from the tornado that swept through all week.

FlyLady breaks down everything over the month.  There are daily routines that go very quickly, then some cleaning and family stuff that must be done weekly.  Each week has a new area of the house to focus on in detail.  The little persnickety chores like sweeping/vacuuming under the furniture or dusting blinds are just once a month.  Of course, you customize it so if dust-free blinds are important to you, it goes into the daily or weekly category.  You can go online and see what is planned.  Or if you're like me and need to know precisely what is coming and when, you can make a big ol' binder with the entire website printed out.

The whole thing is set up with a "you can do it" attitude.  I fall off the system a lot.  Like all the time.  But that's my struggle with my own crazies brain chemistry, my jobs, my poor kids, and a HoH that only comes out to humor me occasionally... usually when I need him least.  But despite this, I pick up my book, flip to the right page and pick up right where I left off. 

So I'm writing this because I had a friend ask me about it over the weekend, and then TL Bucko mentioned the dreaded cleaning today too...  And maybe my writing about it will inspire me to stick to it this time.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Fly Lady. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/07/fly-lady.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Fly Lady Updated at : 8:05 AM
Monday, July 29, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top