0
I do understand that my failure to tithe has put me under a curse. I can accept that. I've been living "cursed" for quite some time, and it has been working out fairly well. Probably because it is a meaningless curse put on me by religious men and not God - but that is just speculation on my part.

But now David Barton comes along, and now there is a new curse I have to worry about. The curse is that if I drink Starbucks, I'm helping to support the destruction of marriage and I'm not "biblically correct".

Says David in the video below:
“Biblically, there is no way a Christian can help support what is attacking God,” Barton said, adding “I’m sorry, you’ve got to find some other coffee to drink.  You can’t drink Starbucks and be biblically right on this thing.  It’s just a real simple principle.”

David Barton is the one who I wrote about here, when he came to town telling us "...the Declaration of Independence is nothing more than a listing of all the sermons we had been hearing in church for the 20 years leading up to the American Revolution." This guy actually makes a living speaking in churches and telling people this stuff.

So we can't drink Starbucks or we're "destroying marriage" and "attacking God". I remember the same baloney back in the 1990s at our church when the SBC recommended church members to boycott Disney after Disney decided to grant health benefits to employees' homosexual partners. You were the super-spiritual ones if you stopped taking your kids to Disney - if you did go to Disney or showed your kid The Little Mermaid, well, God was going to get you.

I enjoy Starbucks. I buy cups of it brewed in their stores. I buy their beans at Publix and grind them at my house. I even bought a 12-pack of Keurig Starbuck packs for my Mr. Coffee Keurig machine.

And I will continue to do so.

No wonder evangelical Christians are laughed at and not taken seriously. The Holy Men of God say if we buy Starbucks, we're attacking God. If we criticize the pastor, we're attacking God. If we don't give 10%, we're cursed by God.

God, deliver us from these fools. While I sip my Starbucks.

H/T:  TheRev78
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Oh No! I Can't Drink Starbucks and Be Right With God!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/06/oh-no-i-can-drink-starbucks-and-be.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Oh No! I Can't Drink Starbucks and Be Right With God! Updated at : 7:46 AM
Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top