0
I have battled weight all of my life.  I have tried multiple diet methods, programs, and have always ended with the same conclusion - FAIL!  My biggest issue:  feeling hungry all of the time!!  I wake up hungry, I go to be hungry.  Unfortunately, my thought to end hunger is....well, simply, EAT!  My weight gain has been progressive over the last few years.  Several events lead to the weight gain.  One being the passing of my mom to cancer.  Another is the loss of a job I loved and I was good at.  The third is falling and breaking my foot requiring 2 surgeries about 2 years ago.

This week, a few things happened that will hopefully change my life for good.  A friend posted a picture of me and her on facebook.  I was horrified when I saw the picture.  I couldn't believe what I was looking at. 

I knew I needed to make a change.  I am considering lap band surgery, but my insurance doesn't cover it.  So, I will have to save to cover the procedure.  It will cost minimally $10,000 to have the lap band, with that cost to be higher depending on the physician I chose.

This week, I had a small medical issue where I needed to see my primary physician.  My physician shares an office with  my orthopedic surgeon that I have been using for about 5 years for various orthopedic issues.  When I walked in the door, the girls at the front desk were reading a brochure that a pharmaceutical rep left behind.  As I was approaching the counter, one looks up and said, "Hey, let's get Ellie to try it."  Now understand, this person is someone I have become friends with over the year and just so happens to be the wife of my orthopedic surgeon!  They all get excited as if I was about to encounter something great!  The brochure:  Belviq and a free 15 day trial certificate.

Belviq is a new prescription medication recently approved by the FDA to treat obesity.  BELVIQ is believed to decrease food consumption and promote satiety by selectively activating serotonin 2C receptors in the brain.

So, my physician wrote out the 15 day RX (taking 2 a day).  This morning, I got the RX filled by my pharmacy and I took my first dose at about 10:00 am.  For lunch, although probably not ideal for weight loss, my coworkers treated me to an already pre-planned lunch.  Mexican food is one of my weaknesses.  I CRAVE salsa and can usually go through 2 bowls before my meal even comes out.  I always, for the most part, finish my plate.  Today, I ordered the taco dinner.  It comes with the standard beans, rice, and had 3 tacos.   I didn't realize that I only had 1/2 small bowl of salsa before my food came out.  By the time I got my food, I was already feeling "full".  I ate 1 taco and that was it!  I was full.

So, is this a sign that this will really work?  So far, my mind isn't consumed on eating - which is not normal for me.  In fact, eating has become a habit.  So, I have to remind myself to keep busy so I don't conform to my habit.  That's where this blog will come in! 

Stay tuned as I blog about my change!!!

Also, remember, no pill will lose your weight entirely.  Like every other weight loss pill, Belviq is to be used along with proper diet and exercise.  Those two elements will be the biggest part of the change!  But, I can do it!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title A New Day. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-new-day.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo A New Day Updated at : 8:31 PM
Friday, June 21, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top