0
Friday morning we woke up with a small agenda for the day: meet with the wedding coordinator and go for the trial run of hair and makeup.



Venecia was our awesome wedding coordinator at Sandals.  She had a vibrant personality and sense of humor and truly made us feel special and important in her presence.  Even though Joel and I were set on having our ceremony on the beach, she had us visit a few other wedding sites on the resort to consider as well.  In the end, we chose to have our ceremony in this gazebo:


Jamaica offered a level of "hot" that I had never experienced before.  Even hotter than FL in July/August (and I've been there during both of those months!).  By having the ceremony in the gazebo, we would have some shade which would alleviate some of the heat, as well as prevent squinting for the pictures.  Plus, it offered a beautiful backdrop!

While we discussed other details of the wedding, including song choices for the first dance, etc, we also got to do a cake tasting!  YUM!  Our flavor choices were vanilla, chocolate and Caribbean fruit.  Truth be told, my favorite was really the vanilla, but we went with the Caribbean fruit to honor our setting.  This flavor tasted somewhat like gingersnaps with hints of rum.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a terrible flavor, but the vanilla certainly was delicious, especially with that fondant icing... holy moly!  It was only because Venecia was watching that I did not inhale all 3 samples.


Joel tried it first

the key to my heart is obviously through sweets
After our wedding meeting, we took a quick detour to the beach.


Again, I began devouring Fifty Shades and working on my tan as much as I could before the big day.


Before I knew it, it was time to set off to the Red Lane Spa for several hours of pampering.  I got a mani/pedi and my hair and makeup done.  Everything turned out perfectly!  My stylist, Wendy, even tore my hair out once she was done so Joel wouldn't know what it would look like.  I secretly wanted to keep it though - it was so nice!

We finished up another day in Jamaica with a delicious meal all the while savoring the sunset.


That night, we would go to bed for our last night as singles.  Little did we know that the next day we would awake to a dream come true!


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Jamaica / Montego Bay / Sandals / wedding by title Jamaica: Day 2. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/06/jamaica-day-2.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Jamaica: Day 2 Updated at : 3:57 PM
Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top