0
I'm up and at 'em bright and early this morning!

After almost 4 days had passed since I got sick, where the main entree for me had been saltines, by 5 PM Thursday I felt famished and like I could really go for a nice slice of lasagna.  I wanted carbs and I wanted something heavy that would sit well in my stomach and make me feel satisfied and not so sickly as I've been feeling.  So we went to the Olive Garden. 

Ordinarily, a trip to the Olive Garden for me would involve an appetizer, the pasta fagioli soup with cheese on top, at least 2 breadsticks, and the main entree of either cheese ravioli OR the tour of Italy - both with plenty of added cheese.  Italian food is my favorite "international" cuisine - what can I say?  I cannot go there and have one of their more "healthy meals" - I want the Olive Garden for the pasta, not their version of fish.  

Joel expressed some hesitation in going to the Olive Garden the night before our weigh in, rightfully so, but I reassured him that this trip would be different.  We would eat only until we were satisfied, and take the rest home.  There was no way, even if I wanted to indulge (and I didn't want to!), that I was going to put my stomach in the situation of being uncomfortable/stuffed/stretched out, etc. after all it had been through this week. 

So, Joel prepared us with the Points+ values of the foods we enjoy (21 Points+ for the lasagna), and away we went.  I am proud to say that this is the first trip EVER to the Olive Garden where I felt like I ate like an almost normal human being.  I had 3/4 of my pasta fagioli soup (3 Points+ for the whole thing) WITHOUT the cheese.  I had 1/3 of a single breadstick.  Then I ate about 3 bites of my lasagna and I was done.  I could not have consumed another bite even if I wanted to.  And to be honest, I didn't.  I didn't want to, not only because I didn't want to put any undue stress on my stomach, but also because I was proud of myself for eating in moderation and to satisfaction - not because the food tasted so good that I was going to eat all of it in one sitting only to then feel extremely stuffed and uncomfortable later, not to mention guilty for just eating all those Points+ values.    
I had 3 bites from mine, and Joel only ate half of his!
Have you been able to recently express self control over one of your favorite cuisines?  What was your logic/rationale?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Random Weight Loss Thoughts / Weight Watchers by title A "Normal" Trip to the Olive Garden. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/a-trip-to-olive-garden.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo A "Normal" Trip to the Olive Garden Updated at : 5:19 AM
Friday, November 4, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top