0
Today brings Joel and I to our 4th weigh in together - with stellar results yet again!

But first, the update on my sickness.  After work on Wednesday, I went to the local urgent care center and the nurse practitioner there deduced that I had food poisoning.   And because I had not been eating or drinking (pretty much, at all), I had become dehydrated.  The dehydration is what caused the heart palpitations.  She explained why at the time, and it made sense, but don't ask me to reiterate :).   My job was to go on the BRAT diet for 24 hours to get my GI-tract back to normal (i.e. so that all things I do consume don't immediately exit my body out the other end!).  If you've ever had dehydrated children, or know someone yourself who has been dehydrated, then you've probably heard of BRAT:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

These are foods that will "stop you up", causing your body to start to retain some nutrients and not simply pass everything right through your system as quick as it went in.  I was also advised NOT to drink any water, but to drink Gatorade (I've been drinking the Powerade Zero - no calories), tea, diet soda, and/or chicken broth.  Water actually helps aid..... I'm just gonna go ahead and say it here, because we're all adults right?.... diarrhea.  So does milk.  And those are 2 things that I consume a lot of on a regular basis.  Even on Wednesday, I had tried to start normalizing myself and I started the day off with milk and 3 bottles of water - bad idea I realized about 30 minutes later!

So for 24 hours, I ate rice/chicken broth, applesauce, toast and saltines (saltines was a sub-category of the toast).  AND, the heart palpitations have subsided substantially (by biggest concern).  By the time those 24 hours were up, I was the hungriest I had been all week.  All I wanted was a nice slice of lasagna (hence the trip to the Olive Garden)!

Still, recognizing that I was sick this week and I didn't eat at all like I normally would, I had a 4.2 pound loss from last week.  BUT, I cannot help but be excited.  A loss is a loss and I'll take it!  I have not seen 247.6 on the scale in probably more than a year.  That means I've also met another one of my 5 pound goals and today/tomorrow I will be going out to buy my Pandora bracelet and first charm - I'm so excited!! 

While I do hope to maintain this current weight loss in the upcoming weeks, I will not be too shocked if come next week I have gained a little, especially if I can get myself back to eating normally this week, which is slowly but surely starting to happen.  I'm not trying to stick to the BRAT forever :).  But I will cross that bridge when I get there next week.  

I have viewed this incident as a means for God reminding me that I shouldn't continuously put crap into my body - even if I do have the Points+ values for it!  Now, I'm not saying God was like - "punish this girl - poison her!!"  No, He doesn't do that.  But, everything happens for a reason.  This "clean out" of my system this week has made me only want to put good things back in to my fragile stomach, and not taint it with junk.   

But, alas, the results:
source.

Joel (6'): 225.6
Hilary (5'8"): 247.6

If you're on a weight loss journey, how did you do this week?  Would you "count" this weight loss this week if you were me? 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Loss / Success / Weight Loss / Weight Watchers by title 4th Weigh in Results + Sickness Update. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/4th-weigh-in-results-sickness-update.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo 4th Weigh in Results + Sickness Update Updated at : 5:44 AM
Friday, November 4, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top