0
I just got into the office, a little later than I would have liked (it's noon), but I decided to go to the gym before work instead of after work. I only plan on working about five hours this afternoon, and then have a little down time at home tonight.

I thought it might also be nice if I posted when I was actually feeling a little happy and hopeful instead of so sad. I'm even getting bored with my "woe is me" attitude. It's just work, not the end of the world. :)

I took your advice and did interval cardio this morning. Well, at least my version of intervals. I worked out on three cardio machines, 20 minutes each. It did cost me an extra ten minutes to get in an hour of cardio since I wipe down the machines before and after I use them, but it was well worth it.

On each machine, the cross ramp, elliptical, and stationary bike, I did interval speeds of high resistance and as fast as I could go for one minute, then recover for a minute, then back to fast and hard for a minute. Just knowing I only had to stay on any one machine for twenty minutes made it totally bearable and not as boring as one machine for an hour.

I was a sweaty, dripping mess after I was finished, and my Polar heart rate monitor said I burned 423 calories. Not too bad, especially when it thinks I weigh 155, and since I weigh 175 (yes, still!), I probably burned a few more calories.

I don't have much else to talk about, just work stuff. I'm consumed with it right now. If I can just make it through this next week without having a heart attack or something, life will be good again. It sure makes me appreciate my 40-hour work weeks. Fortunately that's the norm around here, it's just this project I'm on has to be finished by the end of the week.

I hope the rest of your are having a fun and restful Sunday.

Note (posted at 2:40pm): One really positive note about being in the office alone on a Sunday, I can have a big bowl of steamed Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar without someone going "Oh My God! What's that smell!?". Hee hee. Just me here, and I love Brussels sprouts.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title It turns out I can do anything for 20 minutes. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-turns-out-i-can-do-anything-for-20.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo It turns out I can do anything for 20 minutes Updated at : 12:22 PM
Sunday, August 29, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top