0
It's not really a happy Monday. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as a happy Monday, maybe if I was on vacation, then it would be a happy Monday (vacation next month, and I can hardly wait!).

I just checked my work calendar for today and I have five meetings scheduled back to back, starting at 9 a.m. It makes me want to cry. Actually, it makes me want to get back under the covers and pretend I didn't look at my calendar for today. Maybe I could pretend it's really Sunday.

I'm getting ready to head out to the gym. No bike ride this morning because although it's 5 a.m. and today is the longest day of the year, the sky is barely light. Even without checking the weather forecast I know that means a heavy cloud cover. Okay, I just checked weather.com and yes, it shows black clouds and 51 degrees as the current temperature, with a high of 63 degrees today. Seriously, 63 degrees? It's the first day of summer. What the heck?

I'm not getting on the scale this morning (I weigh every day, in case your wondering). I overate last night. Not a binge, just too much good food at dinner. I made an awesome spaghetti sauce with ground turkey, onions, Portabella mushrooms, lots of garlic, and some Cabernet Sauvignon wine. I also ate about two pounds of the best Bing cherries of the season. Okay, maybe it did qualify as sort of a binge. However, I ate in front of my husband, and ate slowly and consciously, so in my book, that isn't really a binge.

I've also discovered I love a glass (or two) of Cabernet Sauvignon wine (Barefoot, it's cheap and delicious) which is what led to my stuffing my face last night. Since I put the spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash it probably wasn't too bad, but I ate without weighing or measuring anything, and I didn't count Points.

I had two really good workouts Saturday and Sunday, but sans bike. Stupid rain kept me off my bike.

Today I'm back on the straight and narrow. Counting Points, drinking water instead of wine, eating regular portions instead of construction-worker sized meals. Happy Monday? Not so much. :)
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Happy Monday?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-monday.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Happy Monday? Updated at : 5:20 AM
Monday, June 21, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top