0
I removed the BP oil spill widget from my blog. I'm still sadden by the whole thing, but it was taking forever to load my blog page. The combination of the video widget and my own pictures was too much. If you still want to look at it, here's the link to the widget. Today BP is dumping 15 gallons a second into the gulf, and that's by moderate estimates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally found my perfect workout last week. In a perfect world I'd do it every day. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel quite so perfect when it rains, and it's raining a lot lately.

Three times last week I biked to the gym in the early morning, did a strength training routine for 50 minutes, then biked home. The round-trip on the bike takes about 40 minutes. Total burned calories according to my heart rate monitor was almost 600 calories.

The best part of the workout is the bike ride, but since I love lifting weights, I don't mind the gym visit. I take great delight in walking past all the boring cardio equipment and getting right into my weight routine.

Unfortunately, today isn't bike riding weather. It's only 52 degrees at 12:30 p.m. and the skies are dark, with rain in the forecast. I'll have to get my cardio workout on an elliptical or some other boring piece of equipment.

My weight is still the same. I just can't seem to lose anything. To be really honest, I'm not trying that hard. I wanted to make 150 by my 55th birthday on August 7, but it's probably not going to happen. Maybe I can make 155. That's the maximum healthy weight for my height, 5' 6, according to Weight Watchers. I know that's really too high so I'm still debating on a healthy weight for me.

A few pictures from the week:

I saw at least 15 - 20 bunnies every day, but capturing a picture is a tricky task. They are fast!


Scotch Broom, a noxious weed in King County, Washington. Even though it's a weed and it's everywhere, it's really pretty. Lots of people are allergic to it, but fortunately, it doesn't bother me.


The trail at about 6 a.m. Dark and gloomy looking, but really pretty.


Wild roses


Me, freezing to death. It was about 50 degrees, but the wind was blowing. The next day I wore gloves with fingers on them. It was so dark because of the cloud cover that the flash went off.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Biking with bunnies is the perfect workout. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/06/biking-with-bunnies-is-perfect-workout.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Biking with bunnies is the perfect workout Updated at : 12:43 PM
Saturday, June 19, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top