0
Today is the day I've been dreading for the last two months. A thyroid small needle aspiration biopsy will be performed on me this afternoon. Ugh!

Two months ago during my annual physical my new doctor noticed my thyroid was slightly swollen on one side. After an ultrasound, I was told my thyroid was full of "nodules". These are little growths that are very rarely cancerous (95% are benign). Just to be sure they want to stick six needles in my neck, and dig around to get samples for a biopsy.

They'll give me a local anethestic, but I'll be awake for the procedure. I'm really dreading this whole thing. I'm not really afraid of the results because I've read that thyroid cancer is very rare, but I'm afraid of the needles and the "digging around". I just have zero tolerance for pain and this sounds kind of painful to me. My breast biopsy a couple years ago hurt like heck, and this is my neck, which sounds a lot more painful to me.

I took the day off from work to have this done, even though it only takes about forty minutes. Actually, I'm still really tired from the Denver trip and wanted a day at home to relax before returning to work. Of course this is in the middle of my day, which kind of wrecks the relaxed mode I wanted.

Other plans today are the boring stuff like unpacking and going to the gym for a great workout, before the doctor visit.

Plus I'm kind of on a post-vacation downer mood today. Fits right in with the biopsy appointment. Hopefully I'll get back to my happy self soon. Maybe the gym will help, which is where I'm going in about 15 minutes. :)
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Dreading today. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/05/dreading-today.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Dreading today Updated at : 8:18 AM
Monday, May 10, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top