0
I'm back from Denver after a very busy five days. The graduation was great, my niece gave the welcome speech, and received here Bachelors and her Masters of Business Administration. She turned 23 last week.

We spent a lot of time with my husband's family and a lot of eating out. I heard the comment several times that I look amazing (an exaggeration, but it was nice to hear), and wow, you kept off all your weight. They've watched me go up and down with my weight for the last 22 years. This is the first time they've seen me in two consecutive years where I weighed the same.

I was very picky about my food when we ate out. At the hotel breakfast buffet I'd always order a three egg white omelet with tons of vegetables and just a dash of oil.

When my sister-in-law made dinner she made sure there were plenty of things I could eat. She didn't make something extra or special, she just made sure there was salad, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit. Sometimes I could eat the main course, sometimes I'd just have a bite. I didn't starve.

I also managed to get in two really good workouts. Not as many workouts as I wanted, but there just wasn't much free time.

Something my Weight Watcher leader said a week ago really stuck in my head the entire time I was in Denver. She said this is our new normal. How we're eating now, the exercise, the focus on getting and staying at a healthy weight, these things are all our new normal. We will do this until we die.

What I did this last week wasn't hard or a challenge, I just did what I had to do. I didn't really give it a lot of thought, it's second nature to me to eat healthy. This is my new normal. 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title The new normal. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/05/the-new-normal.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo The new normal Updated at : 9:59 PM
Sunday, May 9, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top