0

ALEXANDER HOGUE
American, 1898-1994
Erosion No. 2 - Mother Earth Laid Bare, 1936P
Picture taken in Tulsa in the Philbrook Museum of art--no flash used. This was one of my favorite paintings in the museum. It has nothing to do with this post. I just like it (and she kind of looks like me).

In a nutshell, my "6-week , lose 10 pounds" plan so far:

Sunday, Day 2 - 29.5 Points (good since my limit is 29 with using the APs and weeklies). I purposely stayed out of the gym and went for a 45-minute walk with my husband.

Day 3 - 28 Points (if I don't eat another bite tonight and I think I can safely say I'm done eating for the day). I really struggled through my 90-minute workout this morning. It was like my feet were stuck in mud. I managed to burn 465 calories, but it was tough going all the way. Usually after five minutes I'm really into my workout. Not today. I wanted to go home and go to back to bed.

What I've learned so far:

Stopping binge eating, at least for the short run, is possible.

Going to bed slightly hungry and falling asleep is possible.

Journaling and counting Points is possible (and it works).

Sticky notes with my short term goal of 152 placed within my vision in every room helps me stay focused. Me staying focused is possible.

Sugar-free jello with fat-free yogurt and a few blackberries tastes great. Giving up sugar-free ice cream is possible.

Getting to my 10-10-09 goal of 152 -- it's going to happen!

I know what to do to lose weight, as does every single person reading this. We all know the secret formula for weight loss: eat less, move more. It can't get much easier than that...but it's still a struggle for me. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every year. It's a big struggle, but one I'm determined to conquer.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Day 3 - struggline by title Day 3: It's not rocket science, but .... You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-3-it-not-rocket-science-but.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Day 3: It's not rocket science, but ... Updated at : 9:15 PM
Monday, August 31, 2009

Post a Comment

 
Top