0
New recruits of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) take part in training to adjust their standing postures in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, October 16, 2013. Photo:Reuters

Soldiers Of The One-Child Era: Are They Too Weak To Fulfill Beijing's Military Ambitions? -- South China Morning Post

With 70pc of soldiers from one-child families, many wonder if they could cope on battlefield

No one knows the real fighting capability of the People’s Liberation Army, but the fact that more than 70 per cent of China’s soldiers come from one-child families raises questions about how well prepared these troops would be for the horrors of battle.

“I was a spoiled boy as I am an only child. In my first year in the army, after a hard day’s training I’d hide under my blanket and cry every night because I missed home and my girlfriend,” Dalian native Sun Youpeng, who joined the PLA after graduating from university at the age of 22 in 2010, told the South China Morning Post.

Past reports from the PLA Daily tell of recruits spitting red ink to feign sickness and escape the tough training.

Read more ....

My Comment: China's young are the same as everywhere else in the world .... I doubt that this one-child policy will have an impact on their military (if any).
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title What Has Been The Impact Of China's One Child Policy On It's Military?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-has-been-impact-of-china-one-child.html. Thank you!
Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post a Comment

 
Top