0
I have been anxious to get back to Weight Watchers, especially during those last few weeks of pregnancy, so I went back on Monday night, exactly 2 weeks postpartum.

Our meeting center moved locations, and was upgraded to the fresher, more modern WW look that I had seen in other meeting centers (the green chairs, more private weigh-in stations, etc).  It was great to be back at the meeting, but I will be honest - I was so distracted the entire time I was there.  That was the first time I had left Avonlea and all I wanted to do was race back home to be with her.  It didn't help that I chose a meeting with a leader that isn't my fave.  You know how that can be - slightly off-putting.... demotivating, etc.  I will go to a different meeting next week for sure!

Still, I was excited to get myself all set up online, and was anxious to get back into the Weekly's and see what new materials were available.  For example, I like this "My Routines" tool.  Something I was awful at in the past was eating my fruits/veggies.  Being such a picky eater, and obviously someone who would rather eat chocolate than an apple, it's a tough habit to get into with eating fruits/veggies.  I thought the "Eat vegetables or fruit with every meal or snack" was a good routine to select.


My last weigh in while pregnant was recorded the Friday before giving birth.  I was at 280 lbs.  For Monday's weigh in I was 252.4!  Can you believe I've lost nearly 30 lbs in just 2 weeks?!  Why can't it work like that all the time!! :)

I'm now 2 days into the WW journey and I've already encountered my familiar challenges.  I forgot how well I do if I plan my meals in advance.  Tuesday was a clear reminder of what happens when I just eat and record the food as I go.  I'm out of Points before I know it!  Today (Wednesday) has gone so much better as I pre-tracked all of the main meals this morning.

Something I also forgot about with doing WW is the desire to eat just because I have Points to eat.  Not that this is the healthiest thing ever, but during those 2 weeks postpartum, I was eating, on average, 1-2 meals per day.  That's all I needed.  I wasn't walking around thinking about what thing I could eat next.  I ate when I was hungry, until I was satisfied, and that was that.  I wish I could have that mentality all of the time, because then I wouldn't have to rely on WW!  Still, I was reminded on day 1 of being back on this journey that I don't need to eat my Points just because I have them.  I know that's a big WW faux pas, because they want you eating all of your Points, but I think, at least right now, it's more important for me to listen to my hunger cues than to eat just for the sake of ticking away at those Points.

Do you share in the same sentiment with your PointsPlus values - eating them just because you have them?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watchers by title Back on Weight Watchers. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/07/back-on-weight-watchers.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Back on Weight Watchers Updated at : 12:59 PM
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top