0
Will you go see the new Gatsby movie?!

I am planning too as Baz Luhrmann is one of my favourite directors - I loved what he did with Romeo & Juliet. I studied Romeo & Juliet for my Junior Certificate. My class loved when our English teacher would let us watch the BBC film starring Michael York from the 1979's.

I sound so old when I say there were no DVDs then so we would watch it on a worn old video that had been played so much that it was fuzzy at the bottom of the screen. My twin sister and I didn't mind this as we had no television at home so getting to watch a video (even Shakespeare!) was like entertainment!!!

I am digressing but the reason we had television at home was that my mother is very anti-television for children. My parents still have no television or radio but they did get the Internet a few years ago when my younger sister just rang the phone company and arranged for it all to be hooked up. Speaking of telephones, I think I was about 10 when my parents got a house phone. It was something that we weren't encouraged to really use!!

Anyway back to Gatsby.....,
Seems like the reviews aren't great for it but I will still go see it!

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Great Gatsby. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/05/great-gatsby.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Great Gatsby Updated at : 5:41 AM
Friday, May 17, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top