0
Today is the biopsy of my uterus to check for endometrial cancer. I've already decided I don't have cancer and this is just a precaution. You know, positive thinking will make anything bad go away. I can't tell you how many of my friends, who mean well, keep telling me to think positive. It sort of makes me giggle. Like positive thoughts can wipe out cancer.

Regardless, I really don't think I have cancer, and I'm only having the biopsy because my doctor recommended it. Probably another unnecessary, expensive procedure to cover their backside. I think a lot of these procedures the doctors do are so they don't get sued later down the road in case there is something wrong. I guess better safe than sorry.

I'm more worried about the two little pills I have to insert vaginally in about two hours, six hours before the procedure when they insert a thin tube up through my vagina, through my cervix and into my uterus. Then a machine will suck out some cells out of the uterus which will be sent to the lab and biopsied. I watched a gross video on this last night with a real person. Looked icky, but didn't look too painful.

What is more disturing are the pills. I picked up the prescription late last night. I had totally forgot about the procedure today. Thank goodness for my 24-hour pharmacy.

After watching the youtube videos on "uterus biopsy" I looked up the medication, Misoprostol. It's an abortion pill! It's used to terminate a pregnancy by starting labor. It's also used to induce labor in the second and third trimesters. I vaguely remember the doctor telling me on the phone Friday afternoon that the biopsy will be "uncomfortable" with a lot of cramping. I didn't think much about it. Now I'm feeling a little nervous, but I'm sure it won't be that bad. I've had some pretty severe cramping these last two months from the endometriosis so I'm use to pain.

Other than last night when I was fretting about going into labor today, I had a great weekend. The weather was spectacular Saturday and Sunday. It even got up to 71 degrees yesterday. It reminded me of that old Perry Como song, "The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle". It was gorgeous. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday working in the yard. As much as I complain about my soon-to-be-ex-husband, he did do a lot of yard work (soon is in November when the divorce trial is set). Of course, when you don't have a regular job and a lot of free time...okay, I won't go there.

I gave up on the two gas mowers. I couldn't get either one to start. When I reached my maximum frustration I drove down to Home Depot and bought an electric mulching mower. Quiet and no nasty gas and oil business to deal with. Super easy to start and it ALWAYS starts. I haven't done the mulching yet, but used the bag. I thought the grass was too long to mulch. It's the best mower ever! Black & Decker MM1800. Better yet was the $199 price tag. It also doesn't weigh a ton like the old mowers. Love it!

I pulled a lot of weeds from the flower beds (some of the biggest dandelions I've ever seen) . I have plans to plant the plants I want in the back yard. Over the years my husband had managed to destroy or pull up most of my perennials. He said he thought they were weeds. We had a lot of fights over the years about my flowers. I had a lot of gorgeous perennials in back but now the only two things left are the giant bearded irises and one Bleeding Heart (which doesn't look healthy this year). It makes me sick because at one point I had at least twenty different varieties of perennials and it was so pretty in the back yard. Now it's become a hoarder's yard, filled with junk. I have a lot of work ahead of me (more trips to the landfill).

I took my sister to see the G.I. Joe movie yesterday. Not exactly an Easter Sunday type movie, but it was pretty good. Lots of action, which I know my sister likes. I wasn't feeling that great yesterday. Maybe it was all the yard work over the weekend, but I was out of sorts yesterday afternoon.

That's it. Another hour or so, and I insert my abortion pills. Fun times.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title I have the biopsy procedure today. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-have-biopsy-procedure-today.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo I have the biopsy procedure today Updated at : 5:46 AM
Monday, April 1, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top