0
Cheers Bitches…

As Jayman eloquently stated in print, his preference and endorsement for President yesterday was "none of the above", I, the Matt-Man am here today with my preference and endorsement as to whom I think should be President for the next four years.

Yesterday, Jayman set forth his principles and reasoning which resulted in a well-thought out de facto, “none of the above”vote, which I honor and understand, I however?

While close to doing the same, I am actually going to vote for a candidate for President of the United States.

I am going to be voting for the Libertarian Presidential candidate, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson (R-NM).

“Wait a second Mr. Matt-Man, you say...He can’t win?”

Of course he can’t.

There’s no way in Hell he can win.

Rosie O’Donnell has a better chance of winning a non-lesbian beauty contest than Gary Johnson has winning the Presidency, however…

While some of you may consider the casting of my ballot a protest vote, I consider it more of a wake up vote.

And, I consider it my flash card to you that there exist more than two schools of political thought, or non-thought as it were, within this great nation of ours.

I hear Republicans saying, “You must be drinking the Kool-Aid.”

I hear Democrats saying, “You are sheeple.”

You know what?

They are both right, and they are both wrong in defending their own parties instead of defending and promulgating what is best for and about this great nation.

Political Parties suck.

Hell, the Libertarian Party sucks, but at least they are making waves and want to shake up this staid, political landscape.

YOU…The majority of the American electorate suck...and I am not afraid to say that.  You watch MSNBC or FOX News and listen to their bent, and then agree with an empty nod of the head, and/or a "leave me alone and let me agree" feeling .

You see?

Cable news outlets are not there for actual reporting of the news any longer; cable news is there for affirmation and validation of what you already believe.

24/7 cable news stations are your vicodin.  They are your dilaudid…They are your 5 o’clock Gin and Tonic.

And?  That’s what Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are.

They are your 5 o’clock Gin and Tonic, or if you prefer, your beer and a shot, or a glass of Pinot Grigio, or gutter wine.

They are whatever you want them to be, and they know it…and that is what they will always be.

Gary Johnson?

I agree with him and the Libertarian Party maybe fifty percent of the time, and for me, that’s enough, because my vote for him is not really about him nor the Libertarian Party.

My vote for Gary Johnson is clarion call to all of you, to think for yourself.  There are more than two parties in this country.

There are several parties, and best of all, there could be at some point, no parties, or in a perfect world...

There could be over 300 Million different parties in this country, with a myriad of ideas as to what is best for this country, and that is exactly what our country needs.

When monolithic group think is torn down, ideas spring eternal, and seriously...this land has had the tired old two party system long enough.  It's time for new ideas.

Gary Johnson is making that known, and on Tuesday, I shall join him in imparting just that, by voting for him.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man
mattmaniws@ymail.com
@mattman_iws

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Matt-Man's Vote: Gary Johnson. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/11/matt-man-vote-gary-johnson.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Matt-Man's Vote: Gary Johnson Updated at : 9:00 PM
Thursday, November 1, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top