0
"I remember when I was about to publish my first book and I said to this friend of mine, Larry Rickels, that I had to get used to the idea of people reading it. He said no, you have to get used to the idea that people don't read books. I found that incredibly liberating. And I would say that with books it's the same as with exhibitions. The purpose of an exhibition is not to be seen, but to have a good party that will allow the people who are engaged to engage each other. It's the same with books. The purpose of books is not to be read. I buy books but do not read them. I own a lot of books. I write books, I collect books, I think about books, I copy books, I pay for books -- I'm in the book business. But I don't read books. Don't assume that exhibitions are meant to be seen, and that books are meant to be read. Buildings are by and large invisible, and that's to their credit."
- Mark Wigley, in Four Conversations on the Architecture of Discourse, edited by Aaron Levy and William Menking (Architectural Association Publications, 2012, p. 83)
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Literary Dose #46. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/08/literary-dose-46.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Literary Dose #46 Updated at : 9:00 AM
Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top