0
I tried my best to mimic the Jamaican accent through the blog title.... perhaps a fail?

Either way, I have some fun news to share with you all today:

Joel & I will be getting married June 9, 2012 in Montego Bay, Jamaica!

That's right!  In just a few short weeks, we will be touching down in paradise....


We chose Sandals Montego Bay to host our intimate wedding ceremony.  


I'm pretty sure this is going to be a trip of a lifetime!



I cannot wait to lounge here with a book!
(all pictures courtesy of sandals.com)

We both love the beach and couldn't think of a better place to get married.  While Joel and I did have a hiccup in our relationship back in February (for the new readers), we have worked through our differences over the past several months and continue to honor each other every day through our commitment to one another and to God.  We love each other, and that time apart taught us a great deal.  We chose to do an intimate destination ceremony because neither of us enjoyed the stress of planning a traditional wedding.  Planning our Sandals trip has been so incredibly easy.  We're doing it just for us, and that's all that matters.  This is our wedding.  Not our parent's.  Not our family's.  Not our friend's.  That has been a very tough pill to swallow for some, but we want what we want and we know this is it!             

I will, of course, wear a traditional wedding dress.  Joel will wear  a cream colored suit with a purple shirt - as keeping with the theme of our original decor for the "first" wedding.

I went dress shopping a few months ago with two of my closest friends in the DC area, Racheal and Meghan.  I couldn't have done it without them.  What surprised me most about wedding dress shopping was that I actually enjoyed it :).  Below are some of the dresses I tried on... and THEE dress is pictured.. you'll just have to guess which one it is :).  I went to David's Bridal and Curvy Girls Bridal.  I have to say, my experience at Curvy Girls was nothing short of a Kleinfeld's experience.  They really know how to make a bride feel like a bride!  The facility was clean, fancy and luxurious.  I loved it and am so glad I went!

I was going for a dress that had a vintage feel that wasn't form fitting, but yet wasn't a ball gown either.  I also didn't want satin, but knew I wanted ivory, even though some of the dresses I tried on were in white.  Despite what my intentions were, I came home with a dress that shocked even me!

Dress 1
Dress 1 had very pretty detail on the back and chest area.  It definitely offered the vintage look up top!  I also thought it was a flattering cut.

Dress 2
I thought dress 2 looked great on me as well, accentuating my waist with the wide band of fabric.  It was very flowy and definitely a perfect beach-style wedding dress!

Dress 3
Dress 3 is all lace with great beading detail on the chest, back and down near the top of my legs.  I like how it really gave me a waist when it was pulled in tight.  This is definitely a vintage style look!

Dress 4
Man, when they put that veil on you, it kind of seals the deal, right?  My legs got a little shaky thinking, "Holy crap I really am getting married!"!  Dress 4 was a typical ballgown with the sweetheart neckline and wide, glitzy belt of jewels around the middle.  The cell phone picture does not do it justice!  The fabric felt amazing as well... silk taffeta I think. 

Dress 5
Dress 5 was another cool fabric, though I don't remember the name.  It was shiny and felt sooo nice on!  I liked the ruching/criss-cross detail of the top with the sweetheart neckline and jewel detail near the top of my leg.

Dress 6
Dress 6 offered a combination of dresses 4 and 5: traditional ballgown style, sweetheart neckline, ruching/criss-cross top with the detailed jeweled applique.  Again, poor quality picture due to the cell phone.  I hate when they don't allow real pictures!

Dress 7

And last but not least, dress 7!  I guess you'd call this a drop waist style.  This one, again, offered features of dresses 4 and 5 - ruching on top, sweetheart neckline and beading detail all over the skirt.  I tried this on in white but would order this in ivory!

Any guesses on which one I took home????  Any favorites??  I will be happy to share the answer with you very soon! :)


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Curvy Girls Bridal / David's Bridal / Jamaica / Montego Bay / Sandals / wedding / Wedding Dresses by title Jamaica Mun!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/05/jamaica-mun.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Jamaica Mun! Updated at : 10:09 AM
Monday, May 21, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top