0
Joel calls me a camel.  I almost always have a drink of some sort in my hand, but usually it's water.  Back in college I had a faux Nalgene that I bought at Target.  Not only did it last a long time, it subtly encouraged me to drink the full 8 glasses of water a day.  It was so easy, I only had to fill it up twice.  Eventually the faux Nalgene broke and I just recently got around to replacing it with the real deal.

Enter the new, purple Nalgene (purchased on eBay for $11.99 - free shipping from Robby's All Outdoor and More):

I especially love that they are made in the USA!

I only have to fill up this puppy twice each day and I've achieved the daily recommended 8 glasses.

Additionally, if you're not familiar with these bottles, they have a wide mouth opening that makes it very easy to drop in ice cubes.  With the faux Nalgene, it was a little more difficult to exercise and simultaneously take a drink from it because of this wide mouth - the water would go everywhere.  However, Nalgene makes a handy little "splash guard" insert that prevents this from happening.

this is true color of the bottle btw
I <3 you Nalgene!

Moving on....

I'm changing Greek yogurt brands.  I've tried them all, and I used to be exclusively linked to Chobani.  I thought their yogurt was as good as the Greek stuff could get.  Though I still admit that I thought their 0% variety still offered quite a bit of a sour flavor for which I'm not very fond.  But alas, I tried the Dannon Oikos variety and I've since divorced Chobani. 


I've had both the blueberry and the strawberry fruit on the bottom flavors.  They taste great and the sour taste doesn't even exist (for me).  They are 3 PointsPlus (same as the 0% flavors of Chobani).  According to their website, they also come in black cherry and peach flavors (for fruit on the bottom), but they also offer other flavors in their "traditional style" (aka "with fat") Greek yogurt.  The other 0% flavors include honey, plain and vanilla.

I've been enjoying a Dannon Oikos with a homemade blueberry scone (7 PointsPlus - from the WW Power Foods Cookbook) each morning for breakfast.  It's actually very filling together.  The scone is made with whole wheat pastry flour.

They are VERY good!  Joel even eats them!



Bird watching > homemade blueberry scones

I also recently tried the Chobani Passion Fruit flavor and thought it was gross and slightly bitter. 

 

Do you have a favorite water bottle and yogurt brand?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Food Finds / Nalgene / Weight Watchers by title Changing Things Up: Drinking More Water + Food Finds. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/05/changing-things-up-drinking-more-water.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Changing Things Up: Drinking More Water + Food Finds Updated at : 9:27 AM
Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top