0
1. Hungry Girl's Yum Yum Brownie Muffins {5 PointsPlus}

These are definitely on the steeper side of PointsPlus values on sweet treats for me, especially since it's just a muffin!  However, they are really chocolatey and provide some hidden fiber as a bonus, thanks to the pumpkin.  They're actually a nice size too.  INCREDIBLY easy to make: simply mix {ONLY} the cake mix + the pumpkin puree and bake in 12 cup muffin tin at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. {HG Tip: Make these in mini muffin tins to yield around 36 mini muffins at a smaller PointsPlus value!}

easy peezy



You could argue that these muffins have an almost....dis-pleasurable look to them.

 
They somewhat resemble what might "happen" to you if you consume endless amounts of fiber.  BUT if you can look past their....outward appearance.... and try not to think about it as you bite into the goodness, you will be glad you didn't judge this brownie-muffin by it's cover!

2. Mini Chopper
I received this mini chopper as a Christmas gift two years ago.  My mom purchased it as part of a Black Friday special at Wal-Mart for $4.97.  Sometimes, you get what you pay for.  In this case, I can assure you that this less than $5 chopper has been nothing short of amazing and useful since I first unwrapped it.


I primarily use my mini chopper to get those pesky onions minced up.  I hate onions, but a lot of ingredients in recipes that I cook often call for them.  Once upon a time I would've never considered putting onions in a dish.  But since I got my mini chopper, I can get them so finely minced that I can pretend they're not even in the food I'm making!

Of course, it's also extremely good at grinding up Oreos to make Oreo Truffles{Tip: If you do make the truffles, refrigerate or freeze them for up to an hour before dipping them in the chocolate.  Otherwise you will have a mess of melted Oreo balls in your bowl of chocolate.}



The stainless steel blade, chopper bowl, and lid are all dishwasher safe.  What more could you ask for in a $5 kitchen appliance?


I have used this chopper over and over and over again, and the blade is starting to get a little dull.  Any idea where I can go to get something like that sharpened?

Diet pop is an acquired taste, let's face it.  It's about the same as during your freshman year of college, when your first taste of an alcoholic beverage is, inevitably, cheap beer.  You choke it down at first, but eventually you cannot even tell the difference between Natural Light and the "premium" beer that is the Silver Bullet.  {That was then, however!  No way will you catch me sipping a Natty Light these days!}


Still, Dr. Pepper Ten is the closest variation to it's "parent" version that I've tasted yet.  Coke Zero may be a close second.  But Dr. Pepper Ten has absolutely no after taste what so ever.  And for 10 calories, I will take it!  I don't drink a lot of diet pop, but I will not hesitate to use it as a substitute for eating whenever I'm craving food.  I find it filling and it gives me a taste of something other than water. 

click to make larger - yes, there is HFCS

This gem was an accidental discovery whenever Joel was looking for a low-cal mixer for his Jack Daniels fix.  I'm so glad he discovered this!

What are some things you love this week?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Hungry Girl / Things I Love / Weight Loss Products / Weight Watcher Recipes by title Things I'm Loving This Week. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/01/things-i-loving-this-week.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Things I'm Loving This Week Updated at : 4:00 AM
Thursday, January 26, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top