0
I firmly believe that while I'm on this weight loss journey, finding moments of happiness during this time in my life is essential to my success. 

I also hate to be a Negative Nancy on the blog, though sometimes it's important for you, as the readers, to get both the good and bad to help you relate better to who I am.  Hopefully this translates to you as "authenticity" and not "whining". :)  

Aside from the battles that go along with weight loss, I've had other challenges going on as well (two times of being sick in October!) and some ongoing issues with my car.  These minor life issues definitely play a role in my weight loss success. 

Well, yesterday I received great news on the car end of things.  The dealership is going to refund me the entire cost of the service they performed on my Equinox for the first time it was there for service (and wasn't fixed!).  The Equinox has been to the dealership a total of 4 times now for a broken heater (doesn't sound like too big of a deal, but apparently it's caused a lot of people to scratch their heads).  Obviously we're in to November now and a heater is fast becoming necessary :).  So once I learned that I would be getting my $500 back, I was so elated that I had to celebrate this near-Christmas-time-and-I'm-spending-BIG-money-on-car-problems victory!

So, I bought myself some flowers :) (instead of celebrating with food, which is something I normally would have done). 

I found these beautiful poinsettias sprinkled with purple glitter (I also bought another bunch sprinkled with pink glitter). Purple for my grandma - I'm sure she'd love these!


I think these are mums? I failed to look at the package before I threw it away, but they look awfully similar to mums.  Again, in purple :).


Then these pretty-in-pink mini carnations.  The smell of these remind me of a funeral home to be honest.  BUT, they look beautiful on the coffee table and the bright pink color just screams happiness to me.  


Funny, because Joel has been gone a lot over the last week, taking some man-trips.  He just returned yesterday from an overnight fishing trip to Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River.  He brought me these :).


Sunflowers are arguably my favorite flower!  And no, this girl can never have too many flowers in her house!


What are some ways you find happiness (other than the scale) during the struggle that is losing weight?  Do you have a favorite flower?


P.S. - from  yesterday's sugar post - I ended my day with approximately 23.5 teaspoons of sugar consumed - a far cry from the recommended 6 teaspoons!!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Random Weight Loss Thoughts / Weight Loss Challenges by title Finding Happiness in the Journey. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/finding-happiness-in-journey.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Finding Happiness in the Journey Updated at : 11:31 AM
Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top