0
 
Intel@ Teach recently celebrated training 10 million teachers! (SchoolNet offers their marvelous courses free of charge to educators in South Africa). Intel called this celebration ‘10 million teachers – Opening Doors of Opportunity’ and they asked teachers around the world to submit their teacher stories   Three of our South African teachers (all ‘Schoolnetters’) have their stories featured on their site - http://10millionteachers.intel.com/


1. Brenda Hallowes

image

School Name: Cotswold Preparatory School

Subjects: I Am Presently The Computer Teacher At My School

“I completed the Intel Teach to the Future course in September 2003. At the time I was the media teacher at a school in Durban and I was so excited about implementing project-based learning and ICT integration. Unfortunately, a few months later my husband and I re-located to a rural area of Kwa Zulu Natal. I taught in the village school, which didn’t have computers, but I used my personal laptop in my classroom to introduce my Grade 6 class to using technology when we did a project on water. This was a great success and the children couldn’t wait to do more. The project work was also a new approach for the other teachers on the staff and I shared some ideas with them – especially in the area of questioning. Read more…http://10millionteachers.intel.com/teachers/47/brenda-hallowes "

2. Dezlin Jacobs

image

School Name: SchoolNet SA

Subjects: Intel Project Co-ordinator

"I was first introduced to the Intel Teach Program as a student in 2006. I was completing my Post Graduate certificate in Education at the University of Pretoria and the Intel Teach to the Future Course was part of our training. It was my first taste of integrating technology into the classroom and was a springboard for my future. SchoolNet SA invited me to improve my original portfolio—which received a Silver grading—to a Gold and then to go on to become a trainer for Intel Teach to the Future (now titled the Intel Teach Essentials Course)."

3. Peter Moeng

image

School Name: Boikagong Secondary School

Subjects: Basic Computer Literacy, End User Computing, CAT

"The Intel Teach program has been embraced warmly by teachers and learners alike. There is remarkable interest in using ICT, and learning has been stimulated by the research projects that learners do. There is also remarkable discovery of new skills and new approaches to learning. New basic skills have been taught using computers and there is also development of new practices on how best to integrate teaching and learning. It has created good opportunities to explore and make use of other applications. However, some teachers do not have much interest in working with computers, Internet connectivity is still a need in this area, and a lack of good computers is still a large problem -- particularly with such rapid changes of technology and software."  

SchoolNet would like to congratulate these three educators and all the other SchoolNet trainers around South Africa for their dedication and enthusiasm in training our teachers in how to integrate technology with good pedagogy. 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category profiles by title Three SchoolNet trainers featured in Intel’s ‘10 million teachers – Opening Doors of Opportunity’ site. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/three-schoolnet-trainers-featured-in.html. Thank you!
Monday, October 31, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top