0
On Saturday, I had scheduled Joel and I for massages at a spa in Old Town Alexandria.

Whoa.

I can't even believe that I just called that place "Old Town".  I cringe when I hear others use that term: it's for the uppity gang to call that part of Alexandria "Old Town", not me :).  After moving here and learning what exactly encompassed that part of Alexandria, the artsy swanky part of town, the term immediately annoyed me.  It's still Alexandria after all.  Rant ended.

We each had hour long massages.  Mine was pretty painful, as are most massages for me.  I prefer deep tissue massages - where the masseuse pretty much drills her fingertips in to me to work out all the knots in my muscles.  My shoulders are littered with knots.  I also found out that my face and forearms are as well.  Wierd.

After our massages, we still had the whole day to figure out some plans.  It was such a nice fall day so I suggested we go to some wineries.  We have a ton of wineries all throughout Virginia.  We had enough time to make it to 3.

First up, we visited Hartwood Winery in Fredericksburg, VA. 

This was our favorite stop of the day. 

We got to talk with the owner of the winery and he helped us find the perfect wines to fit our tastes. 

Next we headed to Rogers Ford Farm in Sumerduck, VA.



This place was really off the beaten path - just the way I like 'em.


Of course we had to do a self-timer.  Disregard my lack of dressing up please :).


And finally we ended our vino tour at the Potomac Point vineyard in Stafford, VA.  This was the swankiest winery of all 3.  There was even a wedding going on when we arrived.  The tasting room was very fancy and also very busy.  We bought 2 bottles at this place and that ended our day. 


So how does the Groupon weekend relate to weight loss?  For me, when I stay busy, I don't eat.  And while we were busy on a 3 hour sailing adventure and a wine tour, I wasn't eating.  Now, sure, I was consuming calories from wine tasting, but I accounted for that and moved on.  Part of the weight loss journey for me is the mental aspect as well (not just the physical).  If I keep myself busy and get out and enjoy other things about life (instead of sitting at home....eating), it helps me realize that my life doesn't have to revolve around food - it can and should be centered around doing fun things instead of worrying about my next meal. 

On Sunday, Joel and I finished off our busy weekend with some football and a wine and cheese affair:


I hope you're having a wonderful week everybody :).

Cheers!


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Miscellaneous by title Groupon Weekend Part 2. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/groupon-weekend-part-2.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Groupon Weekend Part 2 Updated at : 4:54 PM
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top