0
That stomach thing
I'm pretty sure the stomach bug I had was actually food poisoning from a nectarine or raw spinach that I ate Sunday morning. I could be wrong, but after reading about food poisoning it sounds like that was what happened. I don't think I was contagious. My husband didn't get sick (he didn't eat spinach or a nectarine).

Today was much better and by this afternoon the only thing wrong with me was my broken wrist.

Enough said about my health.

Shopping
About my crazy shopping trip yesterday where I tried on at least 30 pairs of pants. This was brought on by three weeks of watching several re-runs of "What Not to Wear" when I was home with my first cast. After gaining back almost fifty of my eighty pounds lost, I had become a What Not to Wear "before", a worst-dressed woman. I only worked three days last week and looked like a bum every day.

For the past year I've barely bought any new clothes because I was going to lose thirty pounds, and get back into my size 10 and 12 clothes. That obviously didn't happen. If I did buy clothes they were of poor quality because this weight was just temporary. Just for the record, I really hate clothes shopping. It's like being tortured, especially shopping for pants.

Somehow I seemed to skip size 14's on my way up and down the scale. I have several clothes in size 12, a few 10s, quite a few in size 16, but hardly anything in size 14. Not sure how that happened.

I had planned to shop Saturday, but I didn't have time. Then you all know what happened Sunday.  I just felt a need to try to look semi-professional at work. It makes me feel better if my clothes fit me.

Terrible sad news
I saw someone today I hadn't seen in a few months. I knew they were diagnosed with cancer the last time I saw them. We had a long talk today. The cancer they have isn't a good cancer. I know all cancers are bad, but some are worse than others. This one has a very low survival rate. Not good odds.

As they were talking to me, telling me they thought they were going to die, I thought I was going to burst into tears. It hurts even more because they're young with young children. It broke my heart.

You just never know when the rug is going to be pulled out from under you on something like this. This person was leading a very healthy lifestyle, totally fit, not at all overweight, didn't drink or smoke, ate healthy food, then Bam!, you've got cancer. You have to wonder how cancer picks it's victims.

My exercise
I don't really exercise that much. Some people might think I'm an exercise machine, but I'm really just average. I go to the gym on most days (made it there this morning), some days I am an exercise machine, but most days (like today) I'm just average.

My workouts burn calories, work my muscles, but a lot of the time, they're nothing spectacular. I usually spend an hour working out, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights (or less if it's upper body since only one arm these days). Sometimes I'll do more, occasionally a little less. I'll never quit working out unless I'm bed-bound or dead. It's part of what I've done for 3 1/2 years and what I plan on doing forever. Just saying though, it's not a big deal. I probably talk about it too much so I sound like some big exercising person. I'm not. Just normal.

Also, I know I can do a million squats and lunges, and I'll never get slim hips and thighs. It's not my body type. Big hips, big thighs, that's me,even if I did weigh 135.

Last thought of the night
Good night and have a great Wednesday. :)
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Tuesday recap. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/tuesday-recap.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Tuesday recap Updated at : 11:16 PM
Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top