0
3 weeks in a row of losses! Yay!!

Oh hey - notice something a little different?  :)  While my old layout wasn't bad, black wasn't exactly the most chipper color.  I <3 purple, and so I present to you a new layout.  I hope you find it a little more refreshing/inviting.

It's time for me to think about what I want to work on for the month of September.

  1. Have an average of 4 days of activity per week instead of the 3 that I had for August.
  2. Track what I did for activity, how often I did it, and for how long.
  3. Track the days that I've stayed On Plan.
  4. Add 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables into my daily menu.  This is up from August's goal of just 1 serving of fruit and vegetables per day.
  5. Continue on with the New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  6. Continue reading The Beck Diet Solution.
  7. Set a weekly goal for myself that I will determine on Monday's.  Thanks Ryan!
These goals are all similar to that of August with a few tweaks.  Since I had success with this in August, losing a total of 3.6 pounds, I want to keep setting attainable goals for September. 

I am a lover of tea.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, my favorite tea variety is the chai.  I particularly like the spiced chai flavor.  Now, I frequent Starbucks a lot, and they serve a chai that is a liquid version.  I love this chai, but I don't love the 7 Points+ value for a venti skim.  While I can almost afford those Points+ now, I know I won't be able to as time goes on.  Still, I like the liquid chai for it's creaminess, a consistency I cannot seem to achieve using just half and half and chai tea bags.  Until now!

Enter: Coffeehouse Chai Latte.  This is yet another recipe from Eat What You Love.  I'm not sure how/why this tea tastes so great but perhaps you can figure it out by the ingredients:



  • 1/2 c. fat free evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 c. water
  • 3 packets of Sweet 'n Low
  • 2 individual chai tea bags
  • 1 tsp honey
Combine the evaporated milk, water and Sweet 'n Low packets together in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.  Stir frequently, so as not to scorch the milk.  As the liquid begins to simmer, add the tea bags and allow to steep for 3 minutes.  Remove pan from heat.  Remove tea bags from liquid.  Add the honey.  

This is supposed to make 2 servings at 1 cup each.  This entire concoction makes just 1 for me :).  This delicious chai only costs me 4 Points+, as opposed to the 7 from the Starbucks version.  Winning!

Do you have any beverages that you cannot go without on your weight loss journey?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Eat What You Love / goals / Loss / New Rules of Lifting for Women / The Beck Diet Solution / Weight Loss Challenges / Weight Watcher Recipes / Weight Watchers by title September Goals and a Chai Tea Recipe. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-goals-and-chai-tea-recipe.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo September Goals and a Chai Tea Recipe Updated at : 9:36 AM
Friday, September 2, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top