0
Turns out those gym guys are intimidating afterall.

Monday I attempted a gym visit solo to do the NROLW.  I started out with 30 min on the elliptical to warm up.  Once I was finished with the warm up, I headed over to the area where Joel and I were working on Saturday.  As soon as I saw all the meat heads, I kept on walking.  I couldn't do it.  I already don't feel like I belong in a gym as it is, and to walk over to the weights section and attempt that with all those thick-necked, oversize armed men, I couldn't do it.

I tried to tell myself to get it together as I walked around the gym, and that it was no big deal - those guys had to start from somewhere as well!  Still, I couldn't do it.

Then I thought, "Ok, I'll try the all female side of the gym."  That's one cool thing about this Gold's (perhaps this is the norm at all Gold's?), it has a section of the gym just for women - it's closed off and everything.  This is for people like me who are intimidated by all the man meat.

Actually, it's not for people like me. 

Because as soon as I walked into that side, I panicked again.  There were other women in there doing their thing - looking buff and fit as though they are professionals - and I couldn't do it there either.  Ugh...Hilary.

So I left. 

Last night, Joel and I planned to try that workout together at the gym, but I had a bad day at work and I couldn't bring myself to go (or do much of anything actually).

Tonight, after my Weight Watcher meeting and Joel's doctor appointment, we're going to try again. 

There should be no excuses tonight not to go.  Yes, I am still a little afraid to go and attempt these workouts again, but this time I'll have Joel by my side.

For the lady readers, are you ever intimidated at the gym?  How do you handle it?  Please don't tell me you, too, panic and run out :).
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category New Rules of Lifting for Women / Weight Loss Challenges by title Not So Comfortable After All. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/not-so-comfortable-after-all.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Not So Comfortable After All Updated at : 11:02 AM
Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top