0
"The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid?  The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?" - Psalm 27:1

Friends, I'm not over what happened yesterday.  I have to be honest here.  While this natural disaster was mild in comparison to what others have experienced over the years - Katrina, tsunamis, tornadoes - I have to imagine that the same thoughts and fears that people experienced through those events are  similar to what was running through my head yesterday while my office building was shaking.   For most, it seems, it is back to business as usual today.  For me, I don't easily forget things like this.

Here is how yesterday's earthquake affected my weight loss journey:

1. Joel and I stopped at McDonald's to get something to eat and drink while we were sitting in traffic.  This might be the first time I've ever entered a McDonald's and the only thing I ordered was a bottle of water.  For those who are following the Beck book, this is me giving myself credit!

2. I pretty much sat in a trance all night long, trying to digest the events from earlier that day.  Hunger finally started rearing it's head around 7 PM.  I didn't want to make anything.  I didn't even want to eat, but I couldn't get past the growling in my stomach.  I made myself a remake of a Chipotle burrito bowl.  It did nothing for me other than take away the hunger.

3. I had a gym visit planned for yesterday and I could not muster the energy to go.  See #2 - I was busy sitting in a trance people - no time for gym visits!  Not only was I busy staring off into space, but I had a splitting headache that began about the time I stepped foot in our front door and continued all the way until bed time.  

4. I didn't read the second round of the Advantages Response Cards, and I didn't read Week 2 Day 2 of Beck either.  

I'm not at all upset with myself for not doing what I should be doing or planned to be doing in the least.  Sometimes there are just more important things that worrying about weight loss.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Miscellaneous / Weight Loss Challenges by title So Why Should I Be Afraid?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-why-should-i-be-afraid.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo So Why Should I Be Afraid? Updated at : 1:33 PM
Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top