0
This morning I weighed in at 255.8!  That means I officially met my first goal!  I'm down a total of 8 lbs and today I picked up the Wii Just Dance 2 video game.  I'm excited to include this into my weekly workout routine. 




Source.  
I really hope that the weight is coming off mainly because of the consistent weight training I've been doing over the last 2 weeks now, and not due to this past week's events

Either way, a loss is a loss! :)

To continue on with the Beck challenge from Priorfatgirl, here are some additional things I've been working on:

  1. Find a diet coach.  This person will be our motivator and personal cheerleader during our weight loss journey.  They could be a therapist, spouse, family member, friend, anyone... just as long as you have someone to stay accountable to.  My diet coach is Leslie - thank you again for volunteering to be my d.c.! :)

  2. Arrange your environment.  This includes ideas such as start eating your meals on smaller size plates to cleaning out your cabinets and pitching all junk food and trigger foods.  Be sure to make it known to people that you are on a healthiness journey so that hopefully they don't sabotage you in some way, and also try some creative problem solving - such as not allowing any candy in the house what so ever.  I've used the plate trick for years and I love it.  

  3. Create time and energy.  Make a schedule for yourself.  Schedule in time for yourself to get healthy, whether that means putting exercise on  your calendar or allotting time to meal plan or whatever it is you need to do to stay on track with your weight loss journey.  In other words, figure out your priorities and schedule those first, then put all the extraneous stuff in where it fits (if it fits!).  When I sat down to make my workweek schedule and weekend schedule, a feeling of relief came over me.  Finally, I can see in black/white what I should be doing and when.  I can see that I have plenty of time to get everything done that I want to achieve each day.  Having it written down really helped me organize my thoughts and relieved some stress to be honest.  Try it!

  4. Select an exercise plan.  MWF for me is the NROLW.  Tuesday is a gym visit.  Thursday is a Wii active game.  If I decide to go to the gym on Saturday as a bonus, I will.  Sunday's are always meant to be a day of rest :).

  5. Set a realistic goal.  Beck doesn't want us focusing on anything more than 5 lbs goals.  My goals page has been updated to reflect my rewards for each goal.  I think this is a great idea, because originally I had been focusing on 10 lbs losses, and as you can see on the left, my weight loss hasn't exactly been moving along so drastically.  The 5 lbs goals seem much more attainable to me.

  6. Differentiate between Hunger, Desire and Cravings.  For one full day, keep track of how you feel before, during and after a meal.  On a scale of 0 - 10, where 0 is not hungry at all, and 10 is you're the hungriest you've ever been, rate yourself for one day.  I plan to try this out tomorrow.  This is by far the thing I struggle with the most - I often eat out of boredom!

The NROLW is going great guys!  I haven't missed a workout yet and Joel is still participating as well.  In just the 2 short weeks I've been doing this, I've already seen true growth in my strength - in some cases I've already moved from 5 lbs weights to 15 lbs weights.   I'm definitely proud.  Soon, we'll be able to move back into the gym to start doing these workouts.

I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend!  To those of you on the east coast, I hope you and your families are able to stay safe during Irene!




Source. I've heard Irene is the width of Maryland to St Louis, MO!

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Loss / New Rules of Lifting for Women / Success / The Beck Diet Solution / Weight Loss / Weight Watchers by title Official Weigh In & Week 2 Challenge Updates. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/official-weigh-in-week-2-challenge.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Official Weigh In & Week 2 Challenge Updates Updated at : 4:40 PM
Friday, August 26, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top