0
Thank you all for your feedback on the How Do You Track post from yesterday.... you gave great options and incite :). 

One thing I wanted to include in yesterday's post, but forgot, was about a scenario I read in one of Hungry Girl's newsletters.  A person wrote to HG about a time when she went to Ruby Tuesday's and had a turkey burger, thinking that was a very smart option.  It turns out, the turkey burger was loaded with calories (700!) and fat (40!).  I understand that this TB could have had mayo on it or a buttered bun or whatever else, but you pick this option thinking you're making a smart choice.  Fortunately, this person was able to acquire the nutrition stats for this after the fact, but what if you can't?  I do realize that you can certainly order it without the mayo or the bun or have it prepared in some other way, but the bottom line is, when you're not preparing something yourself or knowing exactly how the other person is preparing it, just because something "looks healthy" doesn't mean it is, and that is what I struggle with.  You think you've done so well by choosing these better menu options, when, in fact, that turkey burger might have had just as many calories/fat as a chargrilled chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A! 

And to be perfectly honest with you, if I want a chicken sandwich and I have to nix the bun and any toppings that come with it that I thought were healthy picks but are not, then I'm not going to eat it at all. What is the point of going out for dinner?  To me, going out for dinner is having the opportunity to not only have a meal prepared for you, but to also enjoy a dish that you otherwise would not make at home.  

Moving on :)

This past week has been one of the best weeks I've had in a long time on Weight Watchers.  Since I started attending meetings again, one thing the leader suggested was to slowly incorporate each of the Good Health Guidelines into your plan rather than just stressing over trying to do everything perfectly all at once (*cough cough* Perfection problem? Nah. :) ).  One of my goals for the month of August was to incorporate 2 servings of fruits/veggies in to my day (ideally 1 fruit and 1 veg... but, baby steps, I'll take what I can get!).  This method has been working really well for me!  Not only that, but I have been tracking diligently all week.  And friends, I'm so proud of myself!

Do you know what's coming?  I think you do.

I got on the scale yesterday at that meeting.

And.

I gained 2 lbs.  

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?!  

I just don't get it.  Not only did I do all that I stated up above but how can your body not recognize that "Hey, you're not eating erratically like you normally would be - and so now we can start burning off that fat supply you've accumulated instead of adding to it!"  
Honestly friends, you can see (on the left) that I've been hovering around 260 for MONTHS.  Granted, this is in large part, no doubt, to my eating habits and living situation I had going on for 8 months.  However, I have still been faithfully exercising since November 2010, on average, of 4 days per week.  And I have what I would consider a STELLAR week, and I gain?!  

I'm not a cryer. And I certainly don't EVER cry over weight issues.  It is what it is.  I don't cry about it and have pity parties.  But yesterday I definitely teared up when the receptionist told me I had a gain.  

And while I was just tested for diabetes and thyroid issues a year ago (all were in the clear), I am definitely going to schedule an appointment for a checkup just to make sure nothing has happened in that year's time.  I'm not a hypochondriac by any means, I really don't feel like something is wrong with me, but I want to be sure.  

Other than that, I'm just going to keep on keeping on.  I'm not giving up.  After all, as Joel reminded me: "It was only after 1 week of perfection Hilary.  I'm sure once you have many consecutive weeks like this, then the weight will start coming off. And if not, that is when you can start to consider that something medically might be off."

Have you ever experienced this crap?!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Gain / Weight Loss Challenges / Weight Watchers by title Let's Say It All Together Folks..... FRUSTRATION!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/let-say-it-all-together-folks.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Let's Say It All Together Folks..... FRUSTRATION! Updated at : 6:38 AM
Thursday, August 18, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top