0

One month with my BodyMedia and down 12.8 pounds. It's a miracle! Of course, I take a lot of the credit because it's also a lot of hard work.

I was actually 199.4 on July 19 for my physical  (pre-cast). And I'm sure  the cast weighs a little something, right? Regardless, I'm thrilled if it's only 12.8 pounds. I've lost and regained this same weight so many times that you would think I wouldn't be so happy, but I'm thrilled!

With the BodyMedia I still have to track my food, which I have done without fail for 28 days. The user interface is very easy to use and fun.

Of all the things Ive tried in my life to lose weight, this one is my favorite. The technology behind it is a small miracle.

I don't know how many of you remember this post. It was a test I had done at Swedish Hospital in Seattle to determine my BMR (base metabolic rate, which was 1,900 calories - what I would burn with no activity at all)). Then they determined my Daily Expenditure rate as 2,280 calories daily (based on my sedentary job so tat was BMR times 1.2). This would be my calorie burn without exercise and just normal activity.

Amazingly, the BodyMedia almost exactly matches this number if I take a day off from exercising and walking. The number of calories burned on those days is usually right around 2,300.

If  I walk my 10,000 steps (minimum daily goal) and get in at least one hour of moderate exercise (I try for 90 minutes but that's hard!), then my daily calorie burn is up around 2,900 daily.

I think there might be a method to this madness!

PS - I finally caved at midnight and took Ambien, but no sleep walking or weird eating.


Now I'm heading out to pick blackberries and get in my 10,000 steps in the process. I had some fresh blackberries with breakfast and they were delicious (and free---gotta love free!).

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title I love you BodyMedia! Today's weight 182.2. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-love-you-bodymedia-today-weight-1822.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo I love you BodyMedia! Today's weight 182.2 Updated at : 10:34 AM
Sunday, August 28, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top