0
I would like to preface this post by saying that I contemplated not posting this because I forgot to take the picture of this dish.  *Sigh*  You'll just have to trust me on it ;)... it was very good!

Below is the original recipe, with my modifications in italics.

Hungry Girl's Big Bowl of Breakfast - 8 Points+ (if you follow her instructions exactly it will only be 6 Points+)
Ingredients:
  • 1 tray Green Giant Just for One Broccoli & Cheese Sauce

  • 3/4 cup frozen potatoes O'Brien (like the kind by Ore-Ida) - I used just the plain southern style frozen potatoes - I don't like the peppers :)

  • 3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

  • 1 slice Canadian bacon, chopped - I used 2 slices of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon

  • 2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese - I used the WW shredded Mexican Cheese

Directions:
Prepare broccoli & cheese sauce according to package instructions. Set aside.

Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add egg substitute and scramble for 2 - 3 minutes, until fully cooked. Place scrambled egg substitute in a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.

Remove pan from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and return pan to the stove. Raise heat to medium-high and add potatoes. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and lightly browned.

Add Canadian bacon and cook until hot and a little crispy, about 1 - 2 minutes.

Add potato/bacon mixture to the bowl with the egg scramble. Add broccoli & cheese sauce and mix to combine.

Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the bowl, and microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, until cheese has melted. Grab a sturdy fork and dig in!

I love breakfast bowls and this was a great interpretation of one.  I like the fact that the broccoli is hidden in there, allowing me to get a serving of veggies without my really knowing it.  However, I will say this: while I love broccoli, I only like the flower part (I'm probably one of the world's picky-est eaters!), and it seems as though the Green Giant tray only contains chunks of the stalk.  When I make this again, I will choose to use my own broccoli and add more shredded cheese if need be.  That's the thing I like most about Hungry Girl's recipes - she gives you a general concept that you can just do all sorts of things with.  For example, you could swap out the broccoli for spinach or change the meat and use turkey sausage links or ground turkey.. or whatever your heart desires! 

Overall it tasted great and was even more special with some Texas Pete dabbed on top. 

Do you have a favorite thing you make/eat for breakfast?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Recipes by title HG's Big Bowl of Breakfast. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/hg-big-bowl-of-breakfast.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo HG's Big Bowl of Breakfast Updated at : 9:09 AM
Thursday, August 11, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top