0
submitted by Deb Avery
The ICT in the classroom conference is over, and for most of us, it’s back to school. There were so many good ideas, so many interesting tools, so many things we could use in the classroom – if we had time, if we knew how to use them better, if we were able to change the plans we have already made for the term, if we could persuade the school management to allow us to use social networking .... I’m sure you have a whole bunch of barriers of your own.

I find that my list of 50 things I learnt is well populated but I often don’t get to follow through on them because I need just a bit more motivation.

This is something the Premium Member plan hopes to address – providing some additional Professional Development so that members can see how others have used ICTs in their classrooms, learn the “how to” of some of the topics touched on, find a kindred spirit who can give advice, encouragement and maybe even another class to collaborate with, build a Personal Learning Network and take some of the impetus of the conference forward into the classroom.

But to make this work, we need to know what you want to learn – is it more about social networking tools, is it about collaboration, is it attending a course Schoolnet already offers, is it joining a community of practice?

We would like to offer webinars, provide some videos and resources, organise on-line discussion groups, maybe even have a full day on-line “un-conference” – but we need to know what your needs are. So this is a request – a one-line comment saying what YOU would like to have some PD on.

Please join in – it will be worthwhile.


PS What I really wish I had been able to learn at the conference - how to create my own 1 CLICK DIGITAL MASH UP so I could find all the things that come into my computer all in one place - that's what I'd like a webinar on!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category survey by title What sort of things would you like to learn?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-sort-of-things-would-you-like-to.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo What sort of things would you like to learn? Updated at : 9:13 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top