0
On Saturday, May 21, I participated in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides 5K in Waldorf, MD.  With the help of my family and friends, I was able to raise $270 for this event! 


The walk was great and scenic, taking us through parts of Waldorf I had never seen before. 

The event did not start until a little after 10 AM, which was a little late for my liking - it got really hot really quick!  Also, apparently we ended up doing more than a 5K, which made sense to me at the time because it felt like the walk was going on and on and on.  When we arrived back to the finish line the coordinator said there was a mess up with the walk routing and that we walked close to 6 miles.  I don't actually think it was 6 miles... maybe we did closer to 4, but definitely not 6. 


It was a great event and I look forward to doing it again next year!

Thanks to everyone for your financial support!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 5K / Cystic Fibrosis Foundation / Great Strides by title Great Strides 5K. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/05/great-strides-5k.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Great Strides 5K Updated at : 5:47 AM
Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top